• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Johnson Vally tomorrow night!

tcm glx said:
Dave, let see some more of the battle scars! You needing more body panels?

No pics but, i think he added damage to a couple of doors, passenger rear 1/4 panel, passenger A pillar and bunch of other small stuff...... he wheeled the shit out of that thing !!

:D

mattyj said:
No pics but, i think he added damage to a couple of doors, passenger rear 1/4 panel, passenger A pillar and bunch of other small stuff...... he wheeled the shit out of that thing !!

He always does....wow, passenger a pillar now....way to go dave!

Damn... I should have been there.

Im totally down for another night run soon. Looks like Friday the 20th June or Saturday the 21st would be a good option, full moon weekend!! Thats just under 3 weeks from now... lets start planning for it.

Maybe i'll start a new thread for this one.....

The wife and I just got back from BB.
Damn...mere inches from immortality!
100_5236.jpg

But realy, we had a great time of it.
Claw has changed, but I don't think for the better. The last waterfall was almost paved....
And somehow, I don't remember Aftershock being such a pain. Both Matty and Dave hadto winch a couple of times, and I have NEVER seen anyone as hung up on rocks as I got out there. The pictures don't realy show it, but I had a rock (large pointed variety) stuck between my front axle and oil pan, along with the side boulder that was sticking INTO my back seat area...we tried to give it a tug forward but I knew that wouldn't work, so we took two Hi-lifts and lifted the front and pushed on the B pillar in order to get it out.
Believe it or not it wasn't even on the waterfall that it happened, I decided to take a different line up the big boulder at the bottom and when stuck, decided to try to back down.....didn't work!!
But after getting my rig out of that I had no problem driving up the rest of it...

Back to camp by 4:00am.....up at first light, then off to back door....
inches....I'm telling you INCHES from making that climb on 35's...

Rick and the Butt Buggy

Last edited:
mattyj said:
Im totally down for another night run soon. Looks like Friday the 20th June or Saturday the 21st would be a good option, full moon weekend!! Thats just under 3 weeks from now... lets start planning for it.

Maybe i'll start a new thread for this one.....

Add the cost of diesel and the fuel for the Jeep and I spent almost $250 on gas alone....I'm not sure I'm down for a June run. How about July 4th weekend?

Rick

Jump This said:
Add the cost of diesel and the fuel for the Jeep and I spent almost $250 on gas alone....I'm not sure I'm down for a June run. How about July 4th weekend?

Rick

come on man you gotta save enough for my party at JV in august!

SlimsXJ said:
yeppers,thats the place!!!!!

I bet you guys have matching A-pillars. Next time I'm out there I may just want to join the club.. :D

David Taylor said:
100_5236.jpg

Dude, you are way off line. Did you pick it ?:rolleyes:

Well.....yeah....but that was just one of the attempts.
I have never said I knew what I was doing!

I'm guessing that the best line was a bit more to my right, maybe two feet.

That was the first time I had ever been to backdoor.
But damn Dave, I was there...then break a u-joint strap...
I was there!!!

you have to ask your self... Is the best line always the funnest line?

Back