• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Johnson Valley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, I'll get off my soapbox now....
dont you dare, Rick.... thanks for answering my questions.

ive never been to JV, but i ask this... is there a main entrance to the area, or at least a certain place that most people use to get off the road and into JV? what about a large permanent banner or billboard type of setup informing people of how close they are to losing that area? as you said there are many people who have no idea what is going on with the potential closure of the area, maybe that would help to open more eyes?

just some random ramblings, its late and you know the state im in by now haha :cheers:

I'm in it to keep JV. Standing by for more info.......

ive never been to JV, but i ask this... is there a main entrance to the area, or at least a certain place that most people use to get off the road and into JV?

There is a particular entrance for 'the hammers', but johnson valley is the largest OHV in the nation with dozens of entrances.

And it was not abandoned by the BOD, who got a third party half-informed request for a large amount of money and responded trying to ask for more information but was cut off in the middle.

ive never been to JV, but i ask this... is there a main entrance to the area, or at least a certain place that most people use to get off the road and into JV? what about a large permanent banner or billboard type of setup informing people of how close they are to losing that area? as you said there are many people who have no idea what is going on with the potential closure of the area, maybe that would help to open more eyes?

just some random ramblings, its late and you know the state im in by now haha :cheers:

JV has three main access points, Camp Rock Road, Bessemer Mine Road and Boone Road.

How much would a billboard on Highway 247 cost?

you .. should have finished our telephone conversation before starting this thread.

THANKS FOR STARTING A CLUSTERFUCK WITH HALF (and nowhere near the correct half) OF THE INFORMATION, RICK.

J...

If you ever call me back, like you said you were going to at 11 this morning, we can finish addressing the concerns at hand and I can tell you what we needed to make this bullshit happen.

-C

:doh:

YAY for Rick for starting a "CLUSTERFUCK" :clap:

As I was once told before, "We wouldn't expect any less of Rick." :D

E

Last edited:
i would be willing to design a banner or billboard (whatever the case may be) with as much info as i can, i think that would be a great way to get the word out to people who dont understand what is going on, especially those outside the OHV community, just my 2¢

I'm not a BOD member, but I can relate a few things. Rick's request has generated an immediate and very healthy dialogue amongst those who participate in BOD discussions. No action, positive or negative, has been taken....hell, it's been less than a day, but options are already being considered. Right now, more information is needed, but some good information has already been presented. There is a general consensus that this is an important issue, but exactly how NAXJA can and should respond is something that will need much more input. There will be a thread in the members forum for folks to express their views and ask questions.

I will also add that I am very proud to be a part of this club. The NAXJA Sierra Chapter provided the start up money for Friends of Fordyce to become incorporated as a legal entity, and now the NAXJA SoCal chapter has provided start up money for Friends of Johnson Valley. NAXJA has also donated about $12000 to Friends of Panamint Valley for the fight to reopen Surprise Canyon. We are making contributions, and we are establishing ourselves as an organization that is willing to put our money where our mouth is. We should all be proud of this club that we belong to.

It appears as though the BOD believes JV is a SoCal Chapter problem and not something they should spend their resources on.

Thats not true... BOD discussion is taking place... a motion from within the BOD will have to be made, and then the results of the motion will be posted...

all it is right now is a discussion...

I don't normally surf other chapters forums but was redirected here from a link in Non-Tech.

Shouldn't this issue (very important) be in the members forum and not a forum opened to non-members, especially since there is discussion regarding the BOD and in my opinion goes beyond Land use but revolves around strictly Club Business. i.e. expenditure of funds.

I don't normally surf other chapters forums but was redirected here from a link in Non-Tech.

Shouldn't this issue (very important) be in the members forum and not a forum opened to non-members, especially since there is discussion regarding the BOD and in my opinion goes beyond Land use but revolves around strictly Club Business. i.e. expenditure of funds.

Yes it should, and the BOD was discussing bringing it to the members after we had enough information to bolster a healthy discussion. Unfortunately, someone involved decided to go off half cocked and make a thread here instead.

As much as it pains me to do so, I will have to lock this thread. While this is healthy discussion, this is club business and should be discussed in members forum. Also this issue is under discussion by the National BOD and by no means it's being swept under the rug. Yes there are different sentiments and opinions being expressed about the issue but that's part of regular discussion.

Also an opinion was expressed that this issue will be brought up for members to express their opinion and offer input on it so I believe that there will be a discussion on this topic shortly where all facts (that are known by the parties involved) can be presented.

Please don't take this as an attempt to stifle the discussion on the issue, but rather an attempt to direct the discussion to the proper venue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back