• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

JK 44s and other Fun Stuff

Damn 1900?? Is that "good"? Especially just to do surgery.. aren't you basically in the range a rock jock or something you could build specifically and not have to cut Cs off?? I know RCVs are a grand.. but damn $$

Hey, no judgement here. My jeep has definitely spent more time on jack stands than not over the last couple years.

I've got a lead on a 2015 Rubicon front that I'm really trying to score. Problem is its 5 hours away. We've agreed on a price and I have someone who is supposed to be picking it up this Saturday. Fingers crossed I get it and its advertised accurately. I'm a bit uneasy about buying an axle sight-unseen, but everything sounds right.

Its got 5.13's, Artec truss and gussets, aftermarket cover, Dynatrac ball joints, and RCV's. Seller has paperwork showing it built by a shop in 2018. Has like 10k miles on the build. Looks brand new. Agreed on $1900 with no brakes or unit bearings. Definitely a gamble, but could pay off. My plan would be cut the coil brackets and knuckle gussets off and rotate the C's. Probably also get the Rancho knuckles and move the trackbar bracket up to match.

More important is what does it have for a "diff"?

Not sure what rcp is asking.

For me 2k is alot to spend to start hacken Cs and stuff.

Probly be looking for a King pin 60 For that kinda money then narrowed n stuff.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

Damn 1900?? Is that "good"? Especially just to do surgery.. aren't you basically in the range a rock jock or something you could build specifically and not have to cut Cs off?? I know RCVs are a grand.. but damn $$

More important is what does it have for a "diff"?

You're not wrong, its big money, but those axles command a premium.
A comparable Pro rock is ~$6,100 if you build it out on Dynatrac's website. It starts at $2,700 for a housing alone.

Its got the factory Tru-Lok electric locker. Not the best option, but it should serve me well. All said and done, it should be cheaper or similar money to building a junkyard axle. I'll be happy to not need to weld a truss on and set the gears up.

Don't want to plug this thread up with my discussion. I will say that I've come to the conclusion the JK Rubicon 44's are some of the best axles you can swap under an XJ. Stronger than Ford 44's, smaller and lighter than 60's. An aftermarket housing (like the Pro Rocks) are definitely a better solution, but they're a bit rich for my blood. There's plenty more I could say about it, but that's conversation for another thread.

For me 2k is alot to spend to start hacken Cs and stuff.

Probly be looking for a King pin 60 For that kinda money then narrowed n stuff.

Its a lot for me too, but I decided I really don't want a 60 under my rig. It doesn't make sense for what I use it for.

Last edited:
Back