• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Jet Chip

almondjoy137

NAXJA Forum User
Hi. Just had a quick question about the jet stage 1 and 2 chips. Are they really worth the $200+ and are the power gains noticible? Also, Is the only difference between stages 1 and 2 the slight HP gains: stage one claims 8-12 HP and 15 lbs of torque and stage two claims 12-17 HP and 15 lbs of touque. Just looking for opinions from anyone that has one already. thanks.

"if it sounds too good to be true..."

try doing a forum search, pretty sure people have asked about the jet chips here before.

almondjoy137 said:
Hi. Just had a quick question about the jet stage 1 and 2 chips. Are they really worth the $200+ and are the power gains noticible? Also, Is the only difference between stages 1 and 2 the slight HP gains: stage one claims 8-12 HP and 15 lbs of torque and stage two claims 12-17 HP and 15 lbs of touque. Just looking for opinions from anyone that has one already. thanks.

The Stage 1 is for a stock 4.0 and the Stage 2 is for a modded 4.0 with intake, header, and exhaust. I've had the Stage 2 for about 10 years and though I haven't had any problems with it, it's also been a disappointment in terms of performance gains so I'd say don't bother buying one.
I'm not sure what the JET chip actually does (I suspect it only alters the signal from the TPS in similar fashion to the Venom 400) but it didn't change the fuel and timing curves on my Jeep. Ignition timing is still 10*BTDC at idle and a conservative 33*BTDC at full advance.

Back