• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Jes!!!!

WesternXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Where are we?

DSCN34310076_zpsqupaqnuo.jpg

Been well, still doing the Jeep thing.
Spent a week at the end of April in Moab with (the now retired) FarmerMatt, and Bryan C....

large.jpg

Been enjoying exploring new places and trails the last few years.

Fill still has your old XJ.

Wow, Matt retired. Did he sell the farm?
Any other OG members around? Andy, Shaun, Richard................?

Ya, Matt sold the farm and moved to Colorado. His dad moved to Boise, not far from Lincoln.
I ran the Rubicon with SeanP and Andy just last year. Sean has a long wheelbase TJ and Andy is still rocking the old PII chassis we built that he got from your alcoholic neighbor like... fifteen years ago(?).

large.jpg

large.jpg

Also, Andy moved to a newer house across the street from his old one and is in the process of building a shop. I'll hopefully get up there soon and start trimming out my apartment, lol.
Richard was with us in Panamint Valley over new years, he's got a white two door Cherocar now with my old wheels(that I bought from Andy back in 2001)...
large.jpg

xlarge.jpg

Not many of us old members even have Cherokees anymore. I still have my old black one(what's left of it) and I daily drive a red '93 for commute duties. I built up the 2004 Rubicon for what I originally built my old black 1993 for. The thing is pretty much done already and I just put the lift and bigger tires on it last year.
I still like the "hard core" rock crawling but I just love getting out exploring and seeing new places. That seems to be what my friends and I like to do these days. It's more of a relaxing and stress free pace.

Adventure wheelin' I call it.

Great to hear from you Jes.

My latest (non Jeep) project is a '48 Dodge 1/2 ton. A lot like what was in the garage in Sacramento.

Back