• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Jensen Heavy Duty radios

My 3620 came today. This thing REALLY looks like a stocker. Here are some pics

front.jpg

There is a 1/8" input jack next to the USB!
usb.jpg

rear1.jpg

connector.jpg

The rear cables are: aux in RCA jacks, line out RCA jacks, iPod port (you need a special cable), Sirius connector, Motorola antenna connector (???), power antenna
wires.jpg

Heavydutyradios.com sent me the wrong wiring harness!! The plug on the harness is the same as the jack on the headunit itself. I emailed them so hopefully they can get me the right one this week. I need to ship my Jeep on Tuesday so I don't have time to screw around.

They sent me the right harness immediately and I got it yesterday. Thank goodness they were so prompt.

But I don't know the pinout of the Jeep harness to wire it into the Jensen harness. Does anyone know where I can find it? I've googled, checked the FSM, etc. NOTHING. I think the reason no one posts the pinout or talks about it on the internet is usually folks buy a new harness that includes a diagram.... Well I already have one from the existing aftermarket stereo.

Edit: I found a website with a LOT of wiring diagrams or wire colors, including XJs http://www.modifiedlife.com/1999-jeep-cherokee-car-radio-stereo-wiring-diagram/
An actual diagram would be better though since it would allow working outside of the vehicle on the aftermarket harness.

1999 Jeep Cherokee Car Stereo Radio Wiring Diagram.
Car Radio Constant 12V+ Wire: Pink/Yellow
Car Radio Switched 12V+ Wire: Red/White
Car Radio Ground Wire: Black
Car Radio Illumination Wire: Orange/Black
Car Radio Dimmer Wire: Black/Light Blue
Car Radio Antenna Trigger Wire: N/A
Car Radio Amp Trigger Wire: N/A
Front Speakers Size: 5 1/4″
Front Speakers Location: Doors
Left Front Speaker Wire (+): Dark Green
Left Front Speaker Wire (-): Brown/Red
Right Front Speaker Wire (+): Purple
Right Front Speaker Wire (-): Dark Blue/Red
Rear Speakers Size: 5 1/4″
Rear Speakers Location: Roof Mount
Left Rear Speaker Wire (+): Brown/Yellow
Left Rear Speaker Wire (-): Brown/Light Blue
Right Rear Speaker Wire (+): Dark Blue/White
Right Rear Speaker Wire (-): Dark Blue/Orange

Last edited:
I'm really lazy, I never checked the internets for a pinout. The pinout for the Jeep one is printed on the label on the top of the stock head unit.

Alpine FTW!! I've been running the one I have now for ~10 years, 3 different vehicles.

But that appears to be a nice HU, I hope it works out for you and will definetly be worth looking into if my Alpine bites the dust.

I got it installed! If that doesn't look stock I don't know what does. With the flash it blends in less because the flash makes the dash plastic look grey.

23625_10100181638886090_7901546_59595698_4230756_n.jpg

nice look....if my stereo budget wasn't $70 and my doors locks were fixed I'd look into this for sure, I'm not a fan of radios with too much going on

Back