• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Jenny Creek 09-11-10

Still need to check on my t-case issues, plus I think my rear diff is howling, and there is a nice new pop in the front end now!.

Sounds like mine ;) So drive it already :spin1:

Wherever you guys meet, make it some place where you still have a cell signal.

Skully said:
Then head out and I will probably head out 104th to HWY93 pass by Hypoid and make fun of him, then up 72 through Blackhawk to Rollinsville.

I you were to meet the southern contingent at SANTIAGO'S in Golden, you could heckle me in person as I feed me craving for a breakfast burrito.

http://www.eatatsantiagos.com/locations.htm#15

It's just a mile from the Junction of US 6, State Highways 93, and 58.

Just a thought... :(

hopefully this new water pump install goes well! otherwise I may not be able to make it...

Let us know, hopefully the water pump won't be too hard of an install. I remember mine was a pain only cause you have no space to do shit.

So far we have:

1. Skully (might have a buddy in a JK)
2. Jeepfreak (might have some other friends from school)
3. XJcase (maybe now)
4. Coloradoraptor
5. XJgirl (maybe)

Since Raptor is coming from way south I would suggest he take the highways up to Rollinsville and meet us there. I do not think there is a gas station in Rollinsville. There is one south of Black hawk..............

For the others I plan on picking up my navigator at 7:30ish and heading out 80th Ave. If you want to meet up at the Ralston high school which is just off of 80th ave. We can head straight out from there to Coal creek canyon up to Rollinsville.

Mapquest link of Ralston Valley high school We can meet on the south side parking lot.

See you guys in the morning!

XJCase & 90Xj girl let us know what the deal is............

I am going to be at the Post Office in Rollinsville. I am shooting for 9am. See you all there :cheers:

Did you pull the grille, and put the radiator aside? That opens things up very nicely!

That is another hours worth of work, it was easier to cuss & curse instead, and saved 1/2 an hour. :D

I am going to be at the Post Office in Rollinsville. I am shooting for 9am. See you all there :cheers:
CYA there! Have a safe drive! I will PM you my cell in case you lost it.

So this won't get lost in the thread.

So far we have:

3. XJcase (maybe now)
4. Coloradoraptor
5. XJgirl (maybe)

I plan on picking up my navigator at 7:30ish and heading out 80th Ave. If you want to meet up at the Ralston high school which is just off of 80th ave. We can head straight out from there to Coal creek canyon up to Rollinsville.

Mapquest link of Ralston Valley high school We can meet on the south side parking lot.

Last edited:
10-15 minutes tops to pull and replace. Plus with all the coolant lost when you pull the old pump it would be a good time to do a flush and add all new coolant.

It is harder with a winch in the way and when I did mine everything was brand new, radiator and fluid. 1/2 hour to take off and 1/2 hour to put back of extra time.

......go fix you dang transfer case, sheesh! :repair: :twak: :D

It is harder with a winch in the way and when I did mine everything was brand new, radiator and fluid. 1/2 hour to take off and 1/2 hour to put back of extra time.

......go fix you dang transfer case, sheesh! :repair: :twak: :D
O ya forgot about your fancy winch! :cool:

I am going to look at it when I get off of work, plus I think the poping noise is just those damn LCA bolts getting loose again. I think the anti-seize has turned into anti-stay tight as I have to tighten the bolts every month or so. I may still join in on this run, if I do go it will be very last minute. I will let you know.

I am going to look at it when I get off of work, plus I think the poping noise is just those damn LCA bolts getting loose again. I think the anti-seize has turned into anti-stay tight as I have to tighten the bolts every month or so. I may still join in on this run, if I do go it will be very last minute. I will let you know.

You have always have problems with loose nuts. Aka front grill guard......:anon:

I am not sure but I have never had a problem with my control arms bolts coming loose? Even with those arms.................never had a problem. Use your muscules there bra, righty tighty really hard!!!!! :greensmok

I think my popping is the ever going track bar bracket slipping on the frame side. I noticed wear marks since last run..............think I am going to put a bead of weld on the side to stop it from shifting.

Let me know if you are last minute, you have 19 1/2 hours to decide if you are going meet us at the meeting place in Arvada. :moon:

So far we have:

3. XJcase (maybe now)
4. Coloradoraptor
5. XJgirl (maybe)

I plan on picking up my navigator at 7:30ish and heading out 80th Ave. If you want to meet up at the Ralston high school which is just off of 80th ave. We can head straight out from there to Coal creek canyon up to Rollinsville.

3. XJcase (maybe now)

4. Coloradoraptor

5. XJgirl (maybe)

6. Beezle

I already ran this trail a couple of weeks ago but wouldn't mind heading up with you guys tomarrow if everyone doesn't mind. About what time do you think you will be at the high school Skully? I can just meet you there and head out.

3. XJcase (maybe now)

4. Coloradoraptor

5. XJgirl (maybe)

6. Beezle

I already ran this trail a couple of weeks ago but wouldn't mind heading up with you guys tomarrow if everyone doesn't mind. About what time do you think you will be at the high school Skully? I can just meet you there and head out.

I am estimating my ETA of 8-8:15. Then an hour to Rollinsville. Since you went up there just a week ago how was the obstacle? Is it more dug out than last year?

After Jenny Creek I might hit Moon Gulch depending on time to scout out some new camping areas.

The right side line of the obstacle was pretty dug out, I stayed to the left side which isn't too bad at all. I didn't have much time to play around because I was fighting daylight and only had my jeep to rely on. I'll PM you my cell number but I will be at the school at 8am.

Depending on time also, I would be up for moon gulch too.

Ok well doesn't look like I will be able to get the jeep ready in time.

Too bad, hopefully next time we do something you can join up.

So far we have:

3. XJcase (maybe now)
4. Coloradoraptor
5. XJboy (a low maybe)
6. Beezle

To Caravan up Coal Creek Canyon drive If you want to meet up at the Ralston high school which is just off of 80th ave. We can head straight out from there to Rollinsville.

Water pump and thermostat are replaced and working well - temps stay just at 210, as opposed to a little higher beforehand (and no more check gauges warning)

Got my girlfriend's WJ lifted on wednesday. (thank in great part to Loren) and got a steering stabilizer on it today so she's pretty amped to test it out.

We are both in for tomorrow - in our separate vehicles.

atm I'm down to do some exploring but we'll see after the trail.

We'll see you all at the post office at 9:00-

P.s. how many of us are going to have CB's this time?

Back