• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

jeepspeed progress pics(56K beware)

thanks much guys, Cowboydoc, the truss came with the 9" housing but you can get rear back bone trussing or top trussing like I have for quite cheap ready to weld on if you have a 9" housing already, saw a few sets on e-bay for like $90 from 3/16":

Here is where I am thinking of going with the other shock mount, not sure though, still kicking around ideas
IMG_0377.jpg

Jump This said:
Are you sure you need all that for the rear shock mounts?

Hey, show me a picture of your front shock mounts and your engine compartment....

I need ideas....

Rick
probably not but they are over $600 each, and weigh at least 40lbs, so a few extra ounces of metal for assurance is worth it to me, I used the T&J front shock mounts but they would be very simple to make your self for much cheaper, I'll post some pics when I get to work of my front area. And also there is a piece that I haven't installed yet that runs horizontally to triangulate that area around the fuel cell, the outer shock mount will be tied to that also, hard to explain but you'll see when I get some time
Chris

Last edited:
got back into town, got a little done but.........
Trying to figure out how to finish the shock mounts up, tried a few different things and have not been happy with any of them, not really liking what I have to work with right now but really need to get it done, anybody have any suggestions??
Thanks
don't really like all the extra tubing
IMG_0399.jpg

don't really like this either, thinking of laying it down some and hacking the center portion off, definitely open to suggestions at this point
IMG_0402.jpg

Thanks grimm, wouldn't fit right there, and I am trying to keep them as close to vertical as possible, way too much time into this so far though so I may just weld it up and go from there

How about welding on a piece of tubing like this?
img0399bc5.jpg

Kyung

thanks Corbina, i tried that as my first idea and it was hard to get a good weld surface area and still be able to get the shock bolt in, lots of area to plate and i don't have a dimple die set yet(next on the list).

Rick, if it drove I would think about it, still trying to gather a trailer/tow rig for regular usage, besides, don't you have enough work ahead of you:)

Ended up just settling for my last idea, I am sick of staring at it and there are tons of other things begging for attention, I think I will do as Gerr says and just finish and run it.

thanks for the suggestions fellas, I'm sure I'll be back for more real soon, I have been looking at this "thing" for way too long

IMG_0404.jpg

Backside before final clean-up and prep:
IMG_0405.jpg

Jump This said:
I say bring the damn thing down here and lets fix it up RIGHT!!

:D

Rick
Just remember to bring extra wire. Doh!!::gag::wave1:

whats painted on the hood?

IslanderOffRoad said:
whats painted on the hood?
a bunch of Jeepspeed decals, "racing to find a cure for diabetes", Gowland motorsports, etc. from the PO, they are coming off, we have some interesting ideas for paint, but still far away from that point

how did your fenders line up? my pass side wont line up right im not sure if its the fender mold or the jeep, i have the same ones as you.

uni07021.jpg

GrimmJeeper said:
how did your fenders line up? my pass side wont line up right im not sure if its the fender mold or the jeep, i have the same ones as you.
they lined up ok, from my experiences fiberglass rarely lines up perfectly, rig is looking good.

We are using zuess(sp?) fittings to hold them on

Back