• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Jeepspeed pics from contingency at Parker 425

Cool vid too bad I had to turn the sound off. Wow you need to tell those guys to leave thatlastaramusic out of there so we can actually hear the engines. Good luck in the next race guys.

All photo credit here goes to BajaCurt. Derrick(zoomy97acr.) just told me there were more photos of the truck in Curt's flickr folder, so I'm going to steal 'em.:D

No problem man .... use them and abuse them LOL

Somehow, Curt managed to sneak in and photograph our impromptu pit-stop.(thanks Curt!)

You are welcome! I was just in the right spot at the right time.
As I mentioned in the first post (I think) I went with a couple guys from NAXJA. Our main assignment was pitting at pit 1 for a Pro Truck 1263 Justin Blower.

Sometime before the race we also agreed to help a Canadian team with their Trick Truck (that just doesn't sound right...I'm a SCORE guy and it's a Trophy Truck!!!) and a class 1 buggy (class 1 for SCORE, I'm not sure what BITD calls it). In order for the Canadians to find us they gave us a couple Canadian flags to wave when they went by. Here is the Baja XJ being multi-national and flying the Maple Leaf

So here in our SoCal chapter a few guys have picked up MJs to go with their XJs. So seeing the MJ during contingency was pretty cool. We even discussed your rig over a few beers Friday night.
We are at pit 1 during the race and here comes 7118. Wait ... they are pulling over. I better grab my camera and go see if I can help out a fellow Jeeper (not knowing at the time a fellow NAXJA -er).
I run over to the MJ just as the driver and co-dawg are getting out. I remember the pass side mirror dangling by the wires or something. Derrick and tbburg are checking out the damage and begin the repairs. Someone says "hey your lower shock mount on the driver front is broken off" and wiggles the shock around. Derrick says " I was wondering what that was banging around in the front". They begin to take the shock completely off and someone asks if they are going to keep racing. Derrick answered with "I didn't drive all the way from Louisiana to break!!!"
They get the sway bar tie-wrapped up, remove the driver side front shock and move the starter solenoid. I offered my buddies electric impact at one point but after I go and get it, it's no longer needed. I tried to help guys.
Here are the rest of my pics of that unscheduled pit stop.

Sorry for this shot of you Derrick But I said I was posting ALL the other pics :)

I had 2 questions later in the day.....
1. How far did 7118 make it
and
2. How the heck does Derrick even fit in an MJ :D

I had 2 questions later in the day.....
1. How far did 7118 make it?
We almost finished one lap. The death rattle was right past mile 134 where the course crosses under the highway bridge(you know, it's supposed to be a
DRY WASH :yap: )

and
2. How the heck does Derrick even fit in an MJ :D
I don't know the answer to that one. He's a pretty big guy. You know how a mouse can fit anywhere it can get it's head through? I think Derrick's kind of the same way. Before he got the truck, his last go-fast toy was a SCCA showroom stock Dodge Neon!

Maybe I'm just nieve, but why does everyone run stock bumpers with tubing sticking out? I understand bump to past and all that...but why not take the bumpers off?

~Scott

...,why does everyone run stock bumpers,... ...,but why not take the bumpers off?
Class rules.

Jeepspeed 1700, BITD 7100/7300 and SCORE class 7s require the stock bumper. It may be reinforced, or nerf bars added, but the stock skin is required.

Back