• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

JeepSpeed, here we come!

Status
Not open for further replies.
IXNAYXJ said:
:roflmao:

Hey John, would you mind photoshopping the logo out of my pic? NAXJA rulz has a nice ring to it....

:rolleyes:

-----Matt-----

I dont think he has enough time to photoshop all of the pics of you. I think he owns a business, or so i heard on the intarweb:confused1

You know what i say, people like that aren't even with the attention they are most certainly trying to get.Pay no attention to them John, everyone around these parts knows the truth.

Sean

So before you jump all over me acting like an asshat(which I will fully admit to BTW). Maybe there is more to this than you think. There are rules in place for posts like this, and they are not supposed to happen. I think I made a big deal out of it for good reason. There have been plenty of posts that get deleted everyday for issues just like this, maybe not in this chapter, but in others that you may not frequent. The chapter forums are for getting to know each other, shooting the sh*t, and planning runs. Not for personal gain or the advancement of someone's business. I am not questioning this guys dedication to the club; however I am questioning his motives for continually pimping his business on the forum. Hell, I don't even come to this forum much and I know all about his repair shop. NAXJA is not a place for commercial advertising without compensation to the club. This site costs money to run, and paying members dues are only a portion of what "keeps the lights on." There are plenty of vendors who contribute to raffles, donate time and money, and help support the website that they use to advertise. Those vendors are crucial to NAXJA, and their efforts to support NAXJA and advertise their business should not be infringed upon by someone who can't be bothered to play by the rules.

Obviously he chooses to not listen to the requests, and the warnings he has been given to stop advetising his shop. So before you all jump to Mr "Avanteone's" defense, why don't you aks him how many times he has been asked to stop advertising his shop on the forum. Ask him why he continues to knowingly break the rules.

If he is indeed trying to gain vendor status, then he needs to refrain from posts like this until he is able to complete the process. Yes, things like this take time, so please be patient.

Call it petty, call it whatever you want, but rules are rules.

2xtreme said:
I don't often get involved in these pissing matches, and I am going to here.
Before we all get bent out of shape, not pay to be a member, or piss other off here, we ALL need to understand BOTH sides of the story!!!!

The two people from cali both have very valid points about advertising. I see it all over other web forums and it can really get in the way, and is a very enoying form of spam. We have to draw a line somewhere and we should all abide by it to protect the entire forum (not just the NW or Cali).

On the same note, as made obvious by many others, John is a very respected member of our chapter and we appreciate his help and support that he has provided to NAXJA in many ways, many times. He is not the type person that we have issues with like stated above, however, in order to protect all of us, we have to draw the line somewhere.

John, We all appreciate your help and support and I as well as many others from around here would support you whole heartedly. If you have been reminded before about the rules, please try to obide by them to help protect NAXJA, It is better for all of us.

We all would like to see the progress both in the shop and on the trail.

Michael

PS. Matt, you can correct all my grammar, I am sure it is terrible.
The irony is that you mispelled "grammer." :D

-----Matt-----

Bryan C. said:
There are plenty of vendors who contribute to raffles, donate time and money, and help support the website that they use to advertise. Those vendors are crucial to NAXJA...
Yup, sounds like John.

Aren't we all forgetting that John wasn't advertising? He posted a pic of a Jeep he bought. He didn't mention the shop. He didn't say "hey, I've got some ARB tire deflaters for sale" or try to drum up business at all. He posted a picture of a Jeep with a PORTION of a sign and a phone number without a area code. HOW IS THIS BLATANT ADVERTISING!?!?!

I understand that rules exist for a reason, but this is not an occasion where anything was done with foul intent.

-----Matt-----

So I guess this means I cannot post pictures of my Jeep anymore, since I have a company's name plastered all over the sides of it? :greensmok

2xtreme said:
The 2 people from cali both have very valid points about advertising. I see it all over other web forums and it can really get in the way, and is a very enoying form of spam. We have to have a line somewhere and we should all obide by it to protect the entire forum (not just the NW or Cali).

Then people who are so concerned about the rules and such should go into threads where it is being pushed and speak up there. The fact that Avanteone posted up pics of a rig he's gonna build parked in front of his place of business doesn't constitute advertising. If that was his point I'm sure he would have positioned things better.

Maybe we should start jumping on everyone who posts a pic of their rig with a company logo on it. I'm sure there are plenty with RE, Rusty's, BFG, Interco, etc. etc. If you're gonna make a rule about advertising and keep it even across the board, better censor everyone's pics.

Twistedimg said:
Then people who are so concerned about the rules and such should go into threads where it is being pushed and speak up there. The fact that Avanteone posted up pics of a rig he's gonna build parked in front of his place of business doesn't constitute advertising. If that was his point I'm sure he would have positioned things better.

Maybe we should start jumping on everyone who posts a pic of their rig with a company logo on it. I'm sure there are plenty with RE, Rusty's, BFG, Interco, etc. etc. If you're gonna make a rule about advertising and keep it even across the board, better censor everyone's pics.
http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?p=243339111#post243339111

:shhh:

-----Matt-----

Bryan C. said:
Wow, talk about mssing the point.

You kids have fun.
WHAT POINT?

We've all agreed that rules should be followed, but this is not a case that deserves attention...from 1000 miles away. It was a picture of a Jeep. With PART of a SIGN included. There was NO solicitation. What's the big fawking deal?

Way to take a thread about someone's enthusaiam about building a race Jeep and turn it into a political pissing match.

Oh, and take you condescension with you. Spiro Agnew.

-----Matt-----

This was supposed to be a thread about the beginnings of a build up.

YES, in the past there has been questionable stuff posted by me. I did NOT feel this was one of them. Plain and simple as that.

J

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back