• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

JeepSpeed, here we come!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, I didn't even see the sign until some one said something. For all that John has done for our chapter, I don't think we need to see his sign. I live in Spokane which is about 300 miles away, and knew about his shop without him posting his name.

Avanteone said:
That doesn't seem to matter. Same issue comes up when it's somebody else posting similar pictures.

J

I guess it just depends if they are repeat offenders who have ignored requests to stop posting crap about their businesses. ;)

Bryan C. said:
I don't think he owns Central 4WD. :conceited

This is part of the reason I'm proud of not being a paying member of this board. This whole thing is ridiculous. Jon posts pics of his new XJ which he plans to build to race which supports the whole off roading movement, you know he will post updates along the way for everyone to see, and would help anyone here any way he could, and there are asshats on here with the nerve to question his motives.

So what if someone happens to see the sign, live nearby, and use his services. He's a good guy and would be providing a service. You think everyone here would be more supportive of a fellow off roader, XJ'er, and just plain ol good guy.

Maybe I'll head up to his shop and do a photo shoot of my XJ in front of his shop. Then I can post them all over cause I don't own the place. And for that matter, I'm gonna watermark my photos with "Jacob Carroll Photography" and my web address of www.jacobcarroll.com just like I have done with every other photo I've ever posted here. Will that cause problems too? Will some asshat tell me I'm just promoting myself?

oh good grief you guys. you are acting like my nephews. pissing match over something rather insignificant.

Wow...This is really retarded. Everybody in this chapter knows John runs his own business. I don't think he needs to advertise to us. Besides, his actions speak louder than pictures. He has helped out many, many Jeep owners in the Northwest. I've been to his shop and the only open spot IS in front of his door. SO WHAT if his sign is in the background.

I've been contemplating paying for a membership here, because there is some valuable info and cool people here, but stupid crap like this keeps me from doing it.

Jeremy

Jesus, we all know what he does and where he is. Jon is more than happy to help out a fellow NWC member. If his sign is in the pic "SO F*CKING WHAT". Stay out of the NW chapter forum and you'll have nothing to b*tch about.

I'm a paying member of the NWC and I could care less what John puts in his pics (never noticed his sign until someone pointed it out). Just my $.02 and if he wants to be a sponsor-so be it. If the moderators want to remove/change the post let them. I'm interested in seeing the progress of this vehicle. Rules or not-big f'ing deal!

why are the people complaining both from cali? were they looking for things like this to complain about?

who really noticed untill it was pointed out anyways?

oh, and i was at his shop today and there was no place to park!

This is so stupid it is hard to find the appropriate words. It's the kind of shit that makes people laugh when I tell them I'm a NAXJA member. Grow up. Get over it. Let's stop bitching and go wheeling.

Oh, and since every NWC thread needs at least one pic of my Jeep, here you go:

IMG_2142.jpg

-----Matt-----

John, for future reference abiding by the rules is all about stategic foliage placement:D
100_0333.jpg

Thanks for all you've done for the members of the NWC. Keep up the good work.
Ryan

EDIT: Crap, thats two for Matt.

I don't often get involved in these pissing matches, and I am going to here.
Before we all get bent out of shape, not pay to be a member, or piss other off here, we ALL need to understand BOTH sides of the story!!!!

The 2 people from cali both have very valid points about advertising. I see it all over other web forums and it can really get in the way, and is a very enoying form of spam. We have to have a line somewhere and we should all obide by it to protect the entire forum (not just the NW or Cali).

On the same note, as made obviouse by many others, John is a very respected member of our chapter and we appreciate his help and support that he has provided to NAXJA in many ways, many times. He is not the type person that we have issues with like stated above, however, in order to protect all of us, we have to draw the line somewhere.

John, We all appreciate your help and support and I as well as many others from around here would support you whole hartedly. If you have been reminded before about the rules, please try to obide by them to help protect NAXJA, It is better for all of us.

We all would like to see the progress both in the shop and on the trail.

Michael

PS. Matt, you can correct all my grammer, I am sure it is terrible.

Blkxjkrawler said:
John, for future reference abiding by the rules is all about stategic foliage placement:D
100_0333.jpg

Thanks for all you've done for the members of the NWC. Keep up the good work.
Ryan

EDIT: Crap, thats two for Matt.
:roflmao:

Hey John, would you mind photoshopping the logo out of my pic? NAXJA rulz has a nice ring to it....

:rolleyes:

-----Matt-----

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back