• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Jeep XJ: SUV OR NOT?

dmillion said:
I don't think anyone here is confused about what a 4x4 is, or what a SUV is, unless it's the original poster. Not all 4x4s are SUVs, and not all SUVs are 4x4s, but most SUVs are, in fact, 4x4s. Any 4WD Cherokee is both.

Exactly my point. I was directing my comment at the original poster.

casm said:
My XJ is a moon rocket. It says so on the title.

I thought my XJ was an airboat once, then I decided I hate mudding.

I did see a bumper sticker on an XJ once that caught my eye:

My Jeep is not an SUV, and your SUV is not a Jeep..."

I thought that was kinda catchy....

KingOfTheHill said:
according to the JERK cop that gave me a SEATBELT ticket this morning...

he wrote it down as an "SUV" Dickhead

JOe

yeah...JERK cops are everywhere.....

I wonder how many of the gave their lives trying to help in N.Orleans.....

:patriot:

remember that when your rig is upside down and they pass you buy...and then it explodes into flames...

funny thing is that i was a sheriff explorer, and an instructor for 2 years..... my mom works at the sheriff station, most are cool... but this guy was a dick

JOe

KingOfTheHill said:
funny thing is that i was a sheriff explorer, and an instructor for 2 years..... my mom works at the sheriff station, most are cool... but this guy was a dick

JOe

well then...changes the story a little....did he really say "dickhead" on the ticket ?

slightly unprofessional...the worst part is that he carries a GUN....must have been a loser in high school looking to get everyone back that made fun of him....

GO FIGURE.

glad i pass up my reunions...nothing worth going for anyhow ;)

hasta The XJ is a station wagon.

KingOfTheHill said:
sorry to drift the thread but a seatbelt ticket should be a choice, so should a motorcycle helmet in my opinion..

JOe
OK, i hate to go off topic here as well, but i feel this needs some serious attention. first off, i dont give a rats @$$ if you want to put yourself in needless danger and not use a device that was specificaly designed to make horrific wrecks liveable. but do me a favor and look past yourself.

look at the emergency responders and good sameritans and the general public. do you want to expose them to your limp body halfway hanging out of the windshield? or maybe have some trucker not be able to stop in time and ends up using you as a speed bump right after being ejected from your truck in a roll over? do you want a highway patrolman/state trooper (whom happens to be a person too), to go home sobbing or at least emotional effected because of the state of your lifeless body that he had to help put into a body bag? do you want the off duty medical assistant to have the image of your bloody body barely clinging to life as you lay dieing in her arms on the highway? and if that isnt enough, i pray a small child does not see the crash scene that stole your life and thus be forever scared from seeing your corpse.

i wish people would think of others as well. oh, by the way, i realy dont want to scrape YOU or anyone else off the highway. thaks, i feel much better now.

just my $.02

Last edited:
I wear my seat belt because its the smart thing to do BUT should it be a law? No! It's just another way the government is trying to dumb us all down. I hate any law that protects me from myself.

This is supposed to be a free country where we are allowed to make decisions for ourselves but more and more, every day the Government (mostly the left side of the government) is taking those rights away from us.

Car seat laws for little kids. No problem with that...they aren't old enough to make those kinds of decisions for themselves but all of you are.

Everybody should take the time to stand back and look at where this country is headed (especially you in California). The government is trying real hard to turn you all into robots with no reason to ever have to think for yourself.
This scares the hell out of me.

OH and and far as being on topic? Three pages of what a jeep should be called? Its a jeep and why does it matter?

Ahem.....(biting back desire to scream)...

The police officer is only enforcing the law. He did not write it. He just has to enforce it and live by it, as must we all. If you weren't breaking the law, he wouldn't have to enforce it. If most people didn't act like morons (driving without seatbelts, riding without helmets, electing other morons) we wouldn't be forced to live with "Moron Laws."

Re: Jeep XJ: SUV OR NOT? [B]TYPE: MPV[/B]

I like the MPV acronym, since mine is a sport model Jeep though that would make it MPSV or an SMPV, how about a new one like MPJ? Multi Purpose Jeep.

OH and and far as being on topic? Three pages of what a jeep should be called? Its a jeep and why does it matter?
Your right, (except for acknowleging a hijack and insisting all 3 pages are on topic in the same sentance) it's a Jeep, wheel it, enjoy it, thats all.................except.......

Oh it matters! :laugh3: This is a Cherokee forum you know and it may not be the first MPV or callitwhatyouwill but it is our responsiblility to teach the world correct manners when making reference to our awesome vehicle. The lax attitudes and missing respect in todays rising generations :lecture:

ACE said:
Before the term SUV was coined, my XJ was classified as a station wagon by both the DMV and my insurance.
I've always called mine a station wagon.

If you go to the Chrysler parts web site and look at the non interchangable parts for the Xj and the MJ, the Xj is refered to as "wagon, the MJ as "truck".
To me it's a money pit.

Back