• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Jeep Sites Being Bought ....and.....?

NW99XJ

NAXJA Forum User
There has been a buzz around the Jeep community since last summer about various Jeep web sites being sold/ purchased by some sort of a conglomerate as an advertising venture or worse.... to eventually shut them down.
I've heard several stories/rumors over the months, and other peoples experiences of how these web sites have changed in one way or another.

What I want to know is your experiences.... what you have heard, or seen, or if you know anyone who has heard about this.

If you're talking about VerticalScope, it's not just Jeep sites, it's at least everything motor sport related. Yes, they've approached NAXJA.... twice. The vice president I exchanged emails with did not want to understand or believe what sort of site that NAXJA runs, and that it's just simply not up for sale. A couple of other companies have also approached NAXJA, and been turned down flat. Something to remember about commercial ventures of that sort, it's all about the money, not about land use, keeping trails open, or users of the sites happy, it's all about the money.

Naxja is an association. Aka "club". Not just a forum. If you are referring to cherokeeforum, well. That forum is now ran by verticalscope. And its more of a joke than ever. Ad city!! Just like pirate

If you are referring to cherokeeforum, well. That forum is now ran by verticalscope. And its more of a joke than ever. Ad city!! Just like pirate
That's the kind of info I was talking about!
Thanks Scott.
Keep it coming guys!

They will need to pry NAXJA outta my cold dead hands!!!! Wait, sorry.....this 2nd amendment shit is getting to me! Dirty bastards

They will need to pry NAXJA outta my cold dead hands!!!! Wait, sorry.....this 2nd amendment shit is getting to me! Dirty bastards
Agreed! But it looks like the guys runnin the show here have their heads on right, and have no intentions of letting NAXJA fall into the clutches of some advertising conglomerate.

Naxja is an association. Aka "club". Not just a forum. If you are referring to cherokeeforum, well. That forum is now ran by verticalscope. And its more of a joke than ever. Ad city!! Just like pirate
There are as many ad's on there as jeep post. Scott's right it is a joke.

If you're talking about VerticalScope, it's not just Jeep sites, it's at least everything motor sport related. Yes, they've approached NAXJA.... twice. The vice president I exchanged emails with did not want to understand or believe what sort of site that NAXJA runs, and that it's just simply not up for sale. A couple of other companies have also approached NAXJA, and been turned down flat. Something to remember about commercial ventures of that sort, it's all about the money, not about land use, keeping trails open, or users of the sites happy, it's all about the money.

Thanks for keeping :NAXJA: what it should be! :thumbup:

Back