• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Jeep Patriot offroad video

Actually, for a stocker, it does not seem to do too bad. I'll stick to my Cherokee, but a Patriot would be a good DD if I was in the market.

The Cherokee, stock, with the sway bars still connected would likely have a wheel off the ground at the smae points....just most folks who off-road have disconnects.

Modifying the patriot will likely be big $$$$ for a while. Of couse it was that way when the Wranglers went from leaves to coil springs too. Or pick your manufacturer change....the cost will always be up until someone invents the better mousetrap.....

Mav

casm said:
Sorry, but your argument fails. You're comparing apples and oranges in this case, and it flat-out just doesn't work.

Regarding your assertion re: rock crawling, are we to assume that that's the only valid form of off-roading?

Uh, no, wrong. And *ESPECIALLY* not in an H1. It's good for what it is, but it's sure not a Bentley.

Two things:

1) Please do your research more carefully; you're not really anywhere near accurate, as it happens.

2) Also understand that we're not playing IFS vs, SFA here - the Patriot is *fully* independently-suspended, so let's keep to people with experience in that area rather than armchair KJ haters who don't consider either one a 'real' Jeep.

Ok, so if all of what I just said was false... where's your evidence to the contrary?

It's a fact that 99.999% of all IFS/IRS setups just plain will not give the travel of a solid axle, and are limited severely just because of their design constraints. A Baja 1000 truck with IFS/IRS, yeah, it'll have a ton of travel, but put the same amount of money into a solid axle rig and it'll be much more impressive, but you can do anything as long as you have enough money.

I'm not an armchair KJ hater, and I don't even hate the Patriot. I understand the need for independent suspension on modern 4x4s to make them ride better on the road. I was just explaining to TrueBlue the basic nature of the thing, that's it.

x2 - definatly agree on all accounts here. That article changed my mind on it a little bit. Someone in my club just bought one for a DD so they don't have to drive the TJs everyday, so hopefully they will bring it out so we can test it.

mavinwy said:
Actually, for a stocker, it does not seem to do too bad. I'll stick to my Cherokee, but a Patriot would be a good DD if I was in the market.

The Cherokee, stock, with the sway bars still connected would likely have a wheel off the ground at the smae points....just most folks who off-road have disconnects.

Modifying the patriot will likely be big $$$$ for a while. Of couse it was that way when the Wranglers went from leaves to coil springs too. Or pick your manufacturer change....the cost will always be up until someone invents the better mousetrap.....

Mav

Back