• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Jeep is wandering like mad

ECKSJAY said:
As I said before...good luck with that. :)

Well, maybe It is impossible:rolleyes:

I don't consider Tire shops decent alignment shops (normally). I am talking about REAL alignment shops. Maybe there aren't any anymore ;)

I have always done my own alignments on my Jeep (and again it is pretty easy). But I do know at least 2 people who had issues with one of the earlier mentioned "tire stores" doing their alignments and then were both independantly able to convince them to adjust the castor for them to get it closer to spec or within spec.

Sorry if you can't find someone in the area to do it, but I would be shocked if you couldn't find someone to do it for you.

At least you know what could be causing it :cheers:

Michael

Actually it's a bit of a drive but Just Tires down here has a guy that'll align a Cherokee right. :roll:

If I ever take the red Jeep there again I'll confuse him though with the TNT Y-Link :D

Tigard Alignment & Auto Repair 9075 SW Burnham St. , Tigard , OR . 97223

Tell them it's lifted and you need the caster done when you set up an appointment. I called a few shops in that I deal with in Newberg, Tualitin and Tigard and they all recommended this shop (which I don't deal with so I can't make a personal recomendation).

Definately appreciate the help thrasher, I will be giving them a call tomorrow am to see when I can get an appointment.

Greatly appreciated.

X3 on doing your own alignments on XJs. It is super easy.

90exjay said:
OOOO look at me i'm a real mechanic, the stuff i put on my jeep doesn't fall off blah blah blah.:D

Sean
Dont you have some Neon lights to install?
A fire to put out?
You obviusly didnt see my custom tj flare at Walker last time:sure: :D

Blkxjkrawler said:
Yeah, especially when your work has a brand new Hunter dsp9000:D

LAME:gee:

You just need a tape measure, angle finder, pipe wrench, jack and a couple wrenches

XJourney said:
You just need a tape measure, angle finder, pipe wrench, jack and a couple wrenches

There ya go gettin all Amish on the alignments
biggrin.gif

Next your going to tell me you straighten frames with 2 oxen, some chain, and a hand hewn 2x4:D

XJourney said:
LAME:gee:

Chuck Norris just eyeballs the alignment. If it's off, he glares and it straightens up if it knows what's good for it.

GSequoia said:
Wouldn't this be more appropriate?

"Vote for Chuck now!

Otherwise he'll kick your teeth out through your rectum!"

Oh my goodness, you just made my whole day. It's a good thing my office door was closed when I read that. :roflmao:

Blkxjkrawler said:
There ya go gettin all Amish on the alignments
biggrin.gif

Next your going to tell me you straighten frames with 2 oxen, some chain, and a hand hewn 2x4:D

"WORD"

amish_outlaws.jpg

Back