• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Jeep is bringing the Cherokee back.... and its not pretty...

Yes Max it was less expensive than the ZJ but not by much. My point was despite what they are NOW back in the day they were a status symbol. Keep in mind who generally bought the XJ back then. Yuppies. As much as we don't want to admit it, it's true. The reason we have so many affordable and very capable XJ's is because they were the Yuppie thing to have. Think about what I said. In 91 the sticker price for a Limited was the same price as what you can get a brand new Honda Accord TODAY. Think Chrysler was making a profit? Oh ya.

Yes Max it was less expensive than the ZJ but not by much. My point was despite what they are NOW back in the day they were a status symbol. Keep in mind who generally bought the XJ back then. Yuppies. As much as we don't want to admit it, it's true. The reason we have so many affordable and very capable XJ's is because they were the Yuppie thing to have. Think about what I said. In 91 the sticker price for a Limited was the same price as what you can get a brand new Honda Accord TODAY. Think Chrysler was making a profit? Oh ya.

So your saying your a yuppie. :rolleyes:

I think everyone here should boycott this jeep and send a message to the manufacturer by disowning your current rigs. I will hold em for you.

Last edited:
Naw, we were dinks. (double income no kids)

you work in market research? haha , thats one of the segments from prizm or equifax right?

In what seems like a century ago I worked in sales Jon. That was a lifetime ago though!

I almost forgot... this will blow you younger guys away. When I purchased my XJ new, we had a BAG PHONE and it tucked in neatly along side the seat!

jesus, it looks like something Pontiac would roll out....I HATE PONTIAC...they peaked in the late 60s/early 70s

Yeah it looks like an Aztec who thought that was an attractive suv, vomited in my mouth a little there.

It is sad to see Jeep now when you think of how easy this brand is to design and produce.

1) Open top 4-wheel drive vehicle
2) Enclosed 4-wheel drive vehicle
3) Pickup
4) Fancy enclosed 4-wheel drive vehicle

Share engines, axles, body work, etc amongst the first 3. Offer all in heavy offroad versions (tow package, etc).

It's really not that hard. Except now jeep produces the wrangler and a car and a fancy big car and 2 bastardized cherokees. It makes me think that being a manager of development is a pretty sweet gig. You can be incompetent and still get paid.

Back