• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

jeep gods must hate payday

XgeekstarX

NAXJA Forum User
seems every time i get paid something breaks on my jeep. a while ago it was the tranny cooler line/belt. last payday it was the alternator, this time it's the power steering pump. sorta hard to save up for a lift when i keep getting thrown these curveballs. i'm keeping a positive outlook though. i see it as gaining experience.

happy new years guys.

The gods are probably trying to teach you - do you do the work yourself? If so, then that is why everything's breaking - you're learning to service your vehicle, and you're getting all this "maintenance" type stuff out of the way so you won't have to fix it after you do your lift anyhow.

The Jeep Gawds actually love you - they've just got a funny way of showing it... They want to make sure you understand your rig - and the best way to do that is for you to work on it...

5-90

5-90 said:
The gods are probably trying to teach you - do you do the work yourself? If so, then that is why everything's breaking - you're learning to service your vehicle, and you're getting all this "maintenance" type stuff out of the way so you won't have to fix it after you do your lift anyhow.

The Jeep Gawds actually love you - they've just got a funny way of showing it... They want to make sure you understand your rig - and the best way to do that is for you to work on it...

5-90

well i'm 18 and have been wrenching on vehicles since i could see over the fender. like someone stated in another thread earlier, only person i trust working on my vehicle is me. i start my automotive repair schooling pretty soon, plan to make a career out of it.

Be glad you don't own a house, every time I save up it's either the dishwasher, washing machine, dryer, refrigerator, well pump, roof, hot water heater or one of the other family members wheels...it's life....

RichP said:
Be glad you don't own a house, every time I save up it's either the dishwasher, washing machine, dryer, refrigerator, well pump, roof, hot water heater or one of the other family members wheels...it's life....

i plan to rent for quite some time.
icon10.gif

Sounds like the Jeep Gods love you! They're receiving homage every pay day! :D

It could be worse...you could be making the repairs in the cold. It's 31* and snowing here, how's the weather in Lakeland?
(BTW...I used to live in Valrico. :wave: )

prb24 said:
Sounds like the Jeep Gods love you! They're receiving homage every pay day! :D

It could be worse...you could be making the repairs in the cold. It's 31* and snowing here, how's the weather in Lakeland?
(BTW...I used to live in Valrico. :wave: )

it was about 80 yesterday, and about 75 right now. early january and i'm in a tshirt and gym shorts.

Back