• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Jeep Family needs help--The Pottengers

Carol.92124

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
Many of you know Russ Pottenger, the guy who has made great stroker motors for many Jeepers. You may also have met his new wife (they got married 9/2014) Michelle at the Christmas Party, or at SoCalFest, or just around. Maybe even tried her great pasta salad... Or seen her pretty smile...

Anyway, she & Russ need any help we can give them... She just about died, between that Christmas Party 2014 and SoCalFest 2015. And now their medical bills and expenses are killing both of them financially...

She did not ask me to do this, but I know some of us can help a little. Every dollar helps, so I am posting this...

http://www.gofundme.com/qq4pdg

his wife is a beautiful woman and an amazing person, if i wasn't stuck in almost the same situation i'd help more. her and I have nearly the same condition, I know exactly how difficult her time is right now. if you can't throw a few dollars at least pray if you're the praying type. if not just take a moment to send good vibes. She has a nerve deterioration condition just like I have, it causes every nerve ending in your extremities to feel like they are on fire constantly. the pain can literally be unbearable.

if you can help, do so. if not, at least think well of our dear friend's wife. he's earned a lot of respect around here and they deserve at least a good thought.

thanks.

-Grimmy

Done. Keeping the thread at the top.

David Bricker / SYR

They are both great folks. I hope they get everything taken care of. I miss my SoCal family.

Saying Thank You to all of you does not come close to express my gratitude and appreciation for the great friends that you are. God has not only blessed me with a wonderful husband and family, but with his wonderful friends that are now my friends. Your prayers and financial help has meant a lot to us, more than you will know. God has answered all the prayers that you have sent my way. I am taking new steps each day, and I can truly say you have all contributed in this miracle. I cry now tears of joy because I know that I will walk again, that I will be able to go back to work soon and help my husband and family. If there were ever any doubts about the power of prayer I am living proof that it works. 6 months ago I couldn't move from the shoulders down and the doctors didn't give me much hope. But he didn't know about my Jeep family and how they would pray for me and I would recover!! I pray for all of you, may God bless you and your families and keep you safe always. My next goal is to drive my Black Jeep and meet all of you soon! Russell and I thank you all from the bottom of our hearts!!

Michelle's working on being at the SoCalXJ picnic down here in San Diego on August 23rd... Keep up the progress, chica!! :cheers:

Back