• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Jeep Commanders

that is a really interesting rear axle setup they use. It appears to be a full floating shaft with a unit bearing that bolts on outside it - almost like a cross between a conventional full floating axle setup and the halfshaft / bearing configuration on an independent suspension.

My parts catalog indicates 3 gear ratios are available for the frontend (3.07, 3.55, 3.73) but they aren't really the best ratios, so that's no help... it is too bad no one has determined the important specs (hypoid offset, ring gear inner diameter, outer diameter, bolt circle diameter, offset from ring gear mounting surface to pinion centerline, etc) and started making 4.10s, 4.56s, and 4.88s for them. I guess it's probably somewhat of a niche market.

Yes the front diff is manufactured by AAM,(American Axle and Machine). Its a tough diff just no after market support. Yep, I'm waiting to find a XK rear axle n the JY and try to get it cheap. I wanna play a little.

That might be an issue then. My 6 year old is 4'5" already. If we were to get one we would definitely put a roof top carrier on.

FYI, I don't think they make rooftop child carriers.

Back