• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

jeep cherokee laredo ???

headlamp sentinal?
clock?
6 speaker stereo?
intermitant wipers?
not sure how many were optional, but my '88 has all that poop too.

oh, and nobody has said rust yet. I think that was standard equipment on all the body lines:bawl:

My '91 Laredo has, power everything but mirrors and they are cable adjustable. Has painted bumpers, chrome door handles, overhead console, power seats, and now it is getting lots of rust.

Eric

90 Laredo:
Alloy Wheels (turbine kinda things)
Door cladding
tweed fabric seats
map lights
Lights sentinal
Chrome package

Also came equipped with:
Tow package
Rear wiper/washer
Manual mirrors/windows/locks
NO Clock
5spd/command track

Mine,
1990 Laredo
Chrome bumpers (did have).
"Chrome" grill, mirrors, roof rack, black door handles.
No OH console, had a clock, now a gauge and switch plate.
Crank windows, POS locks.
Lighted mirrors on both visors
Rear wiper
Towing pkg.: hitch, t-cooler (bigger H/D now), air shocks (gone now).
Cloth seats
...and no freakin' cup holder. What's up with that?? (got one now)

...oh yeah, 5 spoke alloys (canyon?) wheels
I think thats it.

my 88 laredo has
skid plate
tow hitch
power EVERYTHING.
crome grill door handles
big rubber things on the side (i took em off made a world of difference)
5 spoke rims.

and a thing i found online says this:

Laredo models received new chrome trim as well as lower bodyside cladding.

Timmy

I've got:
1990 Laredo
chrome bumpers, door handles, grille
full set of skid plates
body cladding
roof rack
keyless entry
'lectric door locks
chrome cable mirrors
rear wiper and washer
limited slip diff
5000lb tow package
3.55 gears
overhead console
full length floor console
rear window defogger
6 speaker stereo
'lectric seats
tilt column
cruise control
AW4 tranny with big cooler
NP231
4.0 engine
3 core radiator
clock
cigar lighter
ash tray lamp
glove compartment lamp
heavy duty electrical system
tinted glass
chrome trim
cargo area light
courtesy lights
bumper guards
under hood removable and rechargable lamp
headlights-on warning chime
deluxe insulation group
Rubicon Group (?)
Laredo group
spare tire cover
reclining seats
power locks
power windows
passenger assist handles
heated mirrors
gauge cluster with tach
headlamp off delay
power antenna
full size spare
15" aluminum wheels (took them off, I have the aluminum holey wheels from my '89 Eliminator on it now)

Whew! The original owner spent some money. He sure didn't leave much out.

The Laredo was the trim level between the Pioneer and Limited. Later, it was replaced by the "Country"

The Laredo had: Chrome bumpers before 1991, a chrome grille and chrome outside mirrors. The lower doors had large rubber mouldings after 1987. The aluminium wheels were standard (two models available).

Inside, the door panels were different from other models, the front seat headrests were made of vinyl and had a hole in them before 1991, the full instrumentation was standard as well as a lighted passenger mirror on the pre-1991 models. The steering wheel was gained with perforated leather. I think that tilt steering and cruise control was a part of the package too but I'm not sure about that.

I currently have a 1989 Laredo and I used to have a 1991 Laredo. I also have a 1988 Limited

Muad'Dib said:
You may be right about the tilt, but not the cruise... my laredo didnt have cruise.

I was guessing that since mine has cruise (not working of course) and very few options otherwise (it doesn't even have A/C). When I got it, it also lacked power windows and locks, I replaced the doors since and now it has both. The rear hatch had already been replaced with one that had the lock solenoid but it wasn't wired.

Here's what it looked like two years ago:anon:

And after I replaced the doors and quickly repainted it...

Mine looks exactly like that (with the manual window indoor panels). Everything on the outside looks the same (mines light blue) except for the chrome door handles .. mine are black. I think the black ones look better on the light blue though for some reason. All the other chrome looks good IMO.

About the only other interior differences that i see right off are the chrome tilt hanlde (mines black) and i didnt have the factory fog light switch only the rear defogger (but i now have the fog light switch installed since the wiring is already there).

BTW how much did it cost to get it painted? when you look inside the door area's is it the old color or the new (basically im asking if you can tell it was a different color).

I want to paint mine the same color as it is now ... but i have to replace the fenders first (with different colored ones .. cant find the same color)... so im wondering if its going to show that they were a different color.

Last edited:
I didn't spend much money or time on the paint, I'd say about 300-400$. And the parts Jeep (1991 Laredo) that donated it's doors cost me 325$ (I bought it almost complete at a local junkyard) but I used other parts than the doors and I sold some parts that didn't fit on mine for 120$. I finally sold the body of the parts Jeep for 100$ to another junkyard. I did repaint the inside part of the doors as they were white.

Phil.R said:
I didn't spend much money or time on the paint, I'd say about 300-400$. And the parts Jeep (1991 Laredo) that donated it's doors cost me 325$ (I bought it almost complete at a local junkyard) but I used other parts than the doors and I sold some parts that didn't fit on mine for 120$. I finally sold the body of the parts Jeep for 100$ to another junkyard. I did repaint the inside part of the doors as they were white.

Ahh i see you did it yourself... i thought you took it somewhere.

Phil.R said:
The Laredo was the trim level between the Pioneer and Limited. Later, it was replaced by the "Country"

The Laredo had: Chrome bumpers before 1991, a chrome grille and chrome outside mirrors. The lower doors had large rubber mouldings after 1987. The aluminium wheels were standard (two models available).

Inside, the door panels were different from other models, the front seat headrests were made of vinyl and had a hole in them before 1991, the full instrumentation was standard as well as a lighted passenger mirror on the pre-1991 models. The steering wheel was gained with perforated leather. I think that tilt steering and cruise control was a part of the package too but I'm not sure about that.

I currently have a 1989 Laredo and I used to have a 1991 Laredo. I also have a 1988 Limited

Something noteworthy, my 1991 Laredo is a 50th Anniversary model as indicated on the window sticker... fully loaded.

My newly resto-modded 90 Laredo. Its my daily driver and never gets dirty, I've got 2 trail rigs for that.

It came with;
cc, AT, pw, pdl, rear wiper, over head console, auxillary running lights, up country suspension(it now has a home brew 2.5" lift), cargo cover, towing package, rear defrost, tilt wheel, remote entry, premium sound, turbine wheels(it now has TJ Canyons).

It had a D-35, it now has a 29 spline 8.25, TW shaft and PORC SYE.

It had all the options except power mirrors, power/heated seats, leather.

newpaint1us6.jpg

Back