• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Jeep Cherokee Freedom?

91 Jeep Project said:
Interesting. I'd love to see some "factory" literature to support all of that for my own information.

Well here:

This is an excerpt for the carfax for the freedom from my craigslist ad in the original post:

Hi-I'm the CARFAX XpertTM. I'm here to help you
better understand the data in this CARFAX Report. Did
you know...
2000 JEEP CHEROKEE SPORT
1J4FF48S1YL231516
4 DR. WAGON/SPORT UTILITY
4.0L L6 MPI / ALL WHEEL DRIVE

My 2 other freedoms return the same information.

Additionally the freedoms were included in the production numbers that used to be a sticky here on naxja, though I can't seem to find that post now, maybe someone else knows where it is?

Production numbers doesn't validate a factory option. Thats just someone asking DC how many Freedom Editions there are, and getting a response. And as far as I am aware, SEs show up on a CarFax as Sports as well. The only ones that list differently are Limiteds, Classics, and Countries IIRC.

91 Jeep Project said:
Production numbers doesn't validate a factory option. Thats just someone asking DC how many Freedom Editions there are, and getting a response. And as far as I am aware, SEs show up on a CarFax as Sports as well. The only ones that list differently are Limiteds, Classics, and Countries IIRC.

Lol - so if you ask the factory how many freedoms were sold, how would they have kept records of how many dealers put freedom stickers on random Jeeps?

zluster said:
Lol - so if you ask the factory how many freedoms were sold, how would they have kept records of how many dealers put freedom stickers on random Jeeps?

I didn't say they just stuck them on random Jeeps. Dealer installed packages are tracked by DC. Dealer installed doesn't mean some dealer was like "Hey, lets make a new package". It it something that is delegated by DC after production and implemented by the dealers..............;)

91 Jeep Project said:
I didn't say they just stuck them on random Jeeps. Dealer installed packages are tracked by DC. Dealer installed doesn't mean some dealer was like "Hey, lets make a new package". It it something that is delegated by DC after production and implemented by the dealers..............;)

So if you asked jeep they could tell you how many "grizzly" packages were sold?

lol

They should be able to. It isn't an aexact science though. There was a dealer package in Germany called the Colorado Edition. And DC swore up and down they had no idea what the guy was talking about until he sent them pics of his Jeep along with the dealer literature to prove it existed.

Last edited:
Might be dealer installed upgrades. I know I have the most optioned 2 door Sport I have ever seen.

I had the most optioned 4door sport I had ever seen -- everything but heated leather... and I fixed that. :gee:

Chris, DJ......... Neither of yours had an OEM sunroof. :moon:

couldn't with the full roof console with compass, thermometer and mileage, not to mention sunglass storage, could it? ;)

couldn't with the full roof console with compass, thermometer and mileage, not to mention sunglass storage, could it? ;)

Actually yes. There was a short/stubby overhead set up that housed just the computer/display.

xjoverheadconsolesunroof1.jpg

quoted for truth. :moon:

SunglassHolder_web.jpg

Actually yes. There was a short/stubby overhead set up that housed just the computer/display.

xjoverheadconsolesunroof1.jpg
..Yeah this is basically the same design and concept you would see on the ZJ's with sunroofs, just a little different with the sunroof button placement.
But yes, having the sun roof does sacrifice the sun glasses and garage door opener box.

Last edited:
Back