• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

JcrOffroad: New XJ Rear Crusader Bumpers available!

One of those for me??? How nice of you...heehee! Just kidding, Like to know how bad it was getting them here?

It was absolutely no problem.
The JCR guys told me, their UPS shipping rates to Germany sucks - so we´d picked up a quarter ton of good, nicely shaped american steel at their site via our carrier. I work for a 4x4 company near Nürnberg (www.nakatanenga.de - [email protected]) and we ship around 1000-1100 parcels every month, so we get decent prices with some carrriers. They did all the paperwork and the bumpers, sliders and tank skid magically appeared at work.

We cut two holes in the rear bumper (I didn´t like the fog light option from JCR, I´ll be adding two Vision-X Solstice 1100 LEDs) and off they went to be galvanized. Hope to have them back until tuesday, then they´re getting powdercoated and should finally find their way onto my vehicle.

Everything was handled from JCR in a very professional manner, Eric responded to all my questions (and I had lots of them!) fast, friendly and in a way that I felt well treated as a customer. I´m sure it wasn´t my last order from them.

:wave1:

It was absolutely no problem.
The JCR guys told me, their UPS shipping rates to Germany sucks - so we´d picked up a quarter ton of good, nicely shaped american steel at their site via our carrier. I work for a 4x4 company near Nürnberg (www.nakatanenga.de - [email protected]) and we ship around 1000-1100 parcels every month, so we get decent prices with some carrriers. They did all the paperwork and the bumpers, sliders and tank skid magically appeared at work.

We cut two holes in the rear bumper (I didn´t like the fog light option from JCR, I´ll be adding two Vision-X Solstice 1100 LEDs) and off they went to be galvanized. Hope to have them back until tuesday, then they´re getting powdercoated and should finally find their way onto my vehicle.

Everything was handled from JCR in a very professional manner, Eric responded to all my questions (and I had lots of them!) fast, friendly and in a way that I felt well treated as a customer. I´m sure it wasn´t my last order from them.

:wave1:

Nurnberg...No kidding! Small world!! :party: I'm just "down the road" in Vilseck and wander over to Nurnberg often to hit the Irish pubs. I'd love to stop in your shop sometime and meet you. Maybe you can offer me some pointers on where to get Jeep parts locally for not an arm and a leg. Stuff like engine seals etc...
And so this isn't a complete thread steal...I've traded emails with JCR and will likely be going with their DIY bumper for my front. They responded very quickly (despite the time difference) and have a positive customer service attitude. I'm hoping having it shipped via my APO address it won't be so bad for shipping.

meh, this is as good as place as any, and I'm tired of playing phone tag.

you DO offer them without logos on the website. THe DIY kit has no logo cut. So weld together a DIY kit for me, charge the credit card and ship it. Everyone is happy.

otherwise, I'm taking my 600 bucks and going elsewhere.

I'm not trying to be a jerk about this. We are no longer a custom shop, we are a manufacturer. Everything is made in large batches, so we don't make custom changes. Custom changes slow our shop down so badly and that becomes very costly to our production.

We don't offer our logo on our DIY stuff, because we are not the ones finishing the product. We don't offer our DIY stuff assembled, they are completely different than our Crusader bumpers and built differently.

If you really hate the logo that much, my only suggestion would be to find someone to weld it up and grind it smooth.

I wish we could help more, but we have more work that 7 guys can keep up with.

To add the '97 up body armor with flares is $125 but if you buy the body armor separately they are $83. What/why is the difference?

I like the look where the armor is not attached to the bumper- it looks cleaner from the rear, instead of having a seam facing the rear, the separate armors has the seam on the side.

The 1/4 panel armor that is an "add on" to the bumper overlaps the bumper (e.i, they are longer). The standard 1/4 panel armor ends at the 1/4 panel (does not overlap the bumper in any way)

Add on panels:
XJ-Standard4.jpg

Standard 1/4 panels:
XJ-97cut1.jpg

Cut 'em some slack...

Trying to manufacture these things and still be reasonable in price yet maintain high quality there has to be a stopping point somewhere. If you really like the bumper then buy it. If you really don't like the logo that much and you can't find someone to weld it in... be creative. Fill it in with JB Weld or just slap a sticker over it. Problem solved. Or buy one of the DIY kits and pay someone to weld it together.
Shops like these have a far slimmer profit margin than most of us understand. You go into Home depot or Walmart and have a problem with merchandise and return it... they just take the hit. Its not even worth it to them to bat an eye for the most part because they operate under such high volume. For small folks like these, every slow down to production, returned item, or damaged in shipping and is sent back has a far greater impact on an already low volume buisness that relies on eeking out what profit they can. I'm not trying to preach to ya folks.. I'd just think we would all be a little more understanding towards those that help support our niche hobby of Jeeping. I'll get off my own lil' .:soapbox: now. :wave1:

I could weld it up if I were so inclined.

I am not.

I understand the issues with manufacturing as batches.

perhaps you should consider not putting a religious logo on your bumpers.

I will spend the money with someone that will do what I like, simple as that. no hard feelings.

Re: Cut 'em some slack...

Trying to manufacture these things and still be reasonable in price yet maintain high quality there has to be a stopping point somewhere. If you really like the bumper then buy it. If you really don't like the logo that much and you can't find someone to weld it in... be creative. Fill it in with JB Weld or just slap a sticker over it. Problem solved. Or buy one of the DIY kits and pay someone to weld it together.
Shops like these have a far slimmer profit margin than most of us understand. You go into Home depot or Walmart and have a problem with merchandise and return it... they just take the hit. Its not even worth it to them to bat an eye for the most part because they operate under such high volume. For small folks like these, every slow down to production, returned item, or damaged in shipping and is sent back has a far greater impact on an already low volume buisness that relies on eeking out what profit they can. I'm not trying to preach to ya folks.. I'd just think we would all be a little more understanding towards those that help support our niche hobby of Jeeping. I'll get off my own lil' .:soapbox: now. :wave1:

perhaps you should reconsider your thinking. Manufacturers wouldn't exist without our little "niche" market of Jeeping. I happen to remember when JCR was about 3 guys in a garage, and if you wanted something done you called them up and asked them to do it and it happened. I also happen to have a JCR bumper on my junk that's about 6 years old, and was one of the first designs.

Re: Cut 'em some slack...

perhaps you should reconsider your thinking. Manufacturers wouldn't exist without our little "niche" market of Jeeping. I happen to remember when JCR was about 3 guys in a garage, and if you wanted something done you called them up and asked them to do it and it happened. I also happen to have a JCR bumper on my junk that's about 6 years old, and was one of the first designs.

^Huh?!?^ Maybe I missed my point? I was supporting JCR and offering the idea that if its not a custom shop then one can't expect "one-offs"?? I was in no way suggesting they failed or were wrong?? Maybe you misread my message??

I could weld it up if I were so inclined.

I am not.

I understand the issues with manufacturing as batches.

perhaps you should consider not putting a religious logo on your bumpers.

I will spend the money with someone that will do what I like, simple as that. no hard feelings.

The take the money elsewhere and stop cluttering the thread. Should they change the name of the bumper as well to suit you since it implies religion?

Got both my front and rear Crusader bumpers ordered, just waiting for them to be shipped so I can get them on the XJ and start abusing them.

Great looking product.

Back