• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

JCR or JKS T-case Skid.. Can't decide.

I like my JKS. It is strong and a good compromise between a full belly pan and a "mini" skid. Having said that I believe it will be in the way of the T/C drain plug when the next oil change is required. I am not sure removal would be required but a loosening on the mount bolts should allow enough droop to allow access.

I could be wrong but given how the JKS skid is mounted tight to the frame rails I don't believe the stock cross member strength would be an issue.

Your call on which style you prefer.

TnT belly pan, which is much bigger than both and has a crazy beefy mounting system. Its one of the few things on my Jeep I haven't removed or replaced over the years. Had to modify it to fit my longarms, but it still holds strong.

T&T Customs has my recommendation for this reason. Better clearance also.

http://www.tntcustoms.com/tntbellypanxjhd.aspx

xjbellypansample.jpg

JKS - 4 stock bolts

JCR - 4 self tapping bolts in frame and 3-4 in stock crossmember.

TnT - 4 stock bolts + 2 more stock tapped bolts and two bolts through frame with sleeves.

Covers a ton and only hangs down about an inch from the frame rails.

OBX2010130.jpg

IMG_3608.jpg

TNT's is nice but after thinking long and hard... i think ill go with a Warn Tcase skid. Money is tighter than i though and I rather have some cash to make it to the trail and still have some sort of armor.

Thanks for all the input guys!

LOL after all that discussion between your two choices, you pick another one that isn't as good as the other 3 mentioned in the thread because its $50 cheaper?

LOL after all that discussion between your two choices, you pick another one that isn't as good as the other 3 mentioned in the thread because its $50 cheaper?

Yeah, i realized this after the fact. I would have probably gone with the DPG one but after crunching the numbers, it was best to buy something a little more affordable for now. I can always upgrade later.

why didn't you just get a stock one for 15$ and when you where ready jump up to the good ones?

I believe his logic was for medium duty temporary.

For a mexican 'temporary' means 3 years. ;)

Being half black is bad enough, but now I'm just sad. ;)

Don't be sad, Being Mexican comes with some Perks. For one, you can get parts cheaper at the junkyard vs a white person. I can give you a brown card when i see you at Socal Fest along with a temporary Leaf Blower for that legitimate look. Finding a beat up 2wd Toyota truck for landscaping work is all on you though :roflmao:

So is Cal.

Nope, Not possible. They won't let us i the Matrix. I tried.. that Border fence is too tall.

I think I may be Mexican then...

:greensmok

Don't be sad, Being Mexican comes with some Perks. For one, you can get parts cheaper at the junkyard vs a white person. I can give you a brown card when i see you at Socal Fest along with a temporary Leaf Blower for that legitimate look. Finding a beat up 2wd Toyota truck for landscaping work is all on you though :roflmao:

Nope, Not possible. They won't let us i the Matrix. I tried.. that Border fence is too tall.

:greensmok
Will a beat up, lowered 2wd 85 Nissan pickup work? I got one of them. I just need a transmission for it...hurry up and get me that brown card so I can get a discount at the junk yard for it!

I have the appalachian offroad skid (similar to warns). It does its job and it was cheap for what it does. I figured for the price of the bigger skids, like JKS being 250 bones or so I would rather save that cash and use it for a long arm setup with a better skid down the road. Why spend almost 300 bucks on a skid and possibly down the road replace it cus you upgrade your suspension? I've beat my appalachain skid pretty well and I have yet to see a failure, its bent up a little but thats it whats it for

I have the appalachian offroad skid (similar to warns). It does its job and it was cheap for what it does. I figured for the price of the bigger skids, like JKS being 250 bones or so I would rather save that cash and use it for a long arm setup with a better skid down the road. Why spend almost 300 bucks on a skid and possibly down the road replace it cus you upgrade your suspension? I've beat my appalachain skid pretty well and I have yet to see a failure, its bent up a little but thats it whats it for

I dont think ill do a long arm on mine. Maybe Mid arms but not LA's. When it comes time to upgrade, ill get a better Skid and maybe have a different Axle up front.

Back