• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

JCR Offroad

Kiefer316

NAXJA Forum User
I had ordered the 96 and down tail light boxes on March 6th and was expecting an e-mail a week or so later with tracking info and what not. Yeah I know on the site it states an ETA. But for XJ armor it says 5-10 days. So 7 days pass by and still nothing. So I went to the web site to request tracking info. Did not get a reply from that. Then i proceeded to PM The vendor on this site asking for the status on my order thinking they would send me the info through a PM. I got a PM from them saying I had to send an E-mail to the shipping department.

So the next day (day 10) I had received a reply to the e-mail stating that the boxes would be cut tomorrow. I thought alright so they should ship by friday or so. Friday rolls up and I didn't receive an e-mail of notification of shipping or tracking number. At this point I Don't know what to think. A call or e-mail would have been awesome telling me something happened or that they won't be shipping yet.

I ordered all of the LED lights to get stuffed in them from different sites and they had arrived in a timely manner. I would love to have notifications if something had happened in the shop or the like.
I'm just very upset that I've heard all this good about this company and when I finally order something from them it seems they just forget.

Did you pick up a phone? I waited 5 weeks for my front bumper and 7 for my rear bumper but i was always able to contact them on the phone and they kept me up to date.

Why are people so afraid to use the phone nowadays?

Indeed. Seems the majority of folks can't talk unless it involves typing with their thumbs...... :rolleyes:

Seems a bit harsh Troy.

If you use Email you get a written record of the transaction from start to finish. I do this with my Insurance Company.

The reverse question would be: Why would a Business be unwilling to return Emails from a Customer? Every Business I work with at the day job returns emails, or follows up with a personal phone call.

The trick to email is to attach all your contact info at the bottom. Email, Phone, Address. That way there is no excuse for them not to contact you back.

Now I'm not sure what happened with communication in this case, but it does sound as though it could have gone more smoothly.

Hey now... I did happen to call em once... Left a voicemail with contact info. Never got a returned call. So i resorted to PM's.

All these JCR stories are beginning to scare me. I plan on a larger order , but somewhat reluctant especially to have it shipped to Canada just to have an ungodly wait time.

I am sorry you have had to wait for your product. We build everything in batches and your order from the 6th, (assuming that is yours cause that is the latest date on our build list) is at 10 business days today. The batch of 96-down Taillight boxes will be completed today according to our schedule.

If you would like to cancel your order, you may do so today. If not, we'll ship them out today inside of our 5-10 day lead time.

We don't PM quotes, tracking info, or order status through message boards. We get way too many PM's from several different boards and it makes that difficult.

We can be reach M-F 8am-5pm EST. You can email us at [email protected] or call su at 269-353-1184. We do our very best to respond to emails and voicemails within 24 hours during normal business hours.

Okay that makes sense. If I had gotten an e-mail with that info I would not have got all misled. Thanks for the reply in the thread and I do not plan on cancelling my order.

All these JCR stories are beginning to scare me. I plan on a larger order , but somewhat reluctant especially to have it shipped to Canada just to have an ungodly wait time.

The product is good. Just depends on how many orders they have going for the wait time. I ordered during a stimulus sale so it took longer to get mine. Its well worth the wait! It saddens me to see some of these stories too because i've been promoting the hell out of My JCR parts because i have had great service and my parts fit pretty well.

Unfortunately by the time I get off work they are closed I did leave a voicemail though

Kiefer,

I apologize for any unreturned calls, as that is my responsibility. I do my best to respond to all messages within half a day, or by the following morning. However, I know it's happened where I've written down a number to call back and then got completely sidetracked, or put off calling an earlier timezone # (not saying this is your case) and had them unfortunately fall through the cracks.

I did see your tracking request email from Friday the 11th, and my response on Monday morning was a pretty generic, "A tracking # will be sent when your order ships. Thanks!" Regretfully, often that's the most honest answer I can give. Whereas bumpers are often pretty linear in the way we go down the build sheets, some of the other products like armor can vary based on when we're able to cut them out in batches, and even if one of the guys has a plan on a given day, sometimes that can get derailed by the random issues we face, which certainly makes pinning down build dates difficult!

FWIW, I (mostly) handle phones and the shipping side of things including the request tracking info link to the shipping@ email addy, whereas Brian or Daryl often answer the info@ addy and PMs.

Glad we could get you your answers, albeit through a roundabout way! And very sorry for any confusion put forth on our part.

:cool:

Indeed. Seems the majority of folks can't talk unless it involves typing with their thumbs...... :rolleyes:

Troy: often while at work it's a lot easier to email rather than call... if a business does not plan or can't respond to emails in a timely manner there is an easy solution to that: do not publish an email on your website. To me if an email address is listed under one of the ways to contact them they better support it.

I have no problem calling but as someone else said email has an added benefit of creating a record of what was decided/agreed upon (though for me it makes no difference since my work phone is recorded and I gotta say it came in handy more than once).

To take a step back I think the issue is communication and setting the right expectations. Folks have often no issue waiting for a part but there needs to be a proper expectation set. If you ship once a month: say it. If you need to wait for X more orders to run a batch: say it. If you're out and have an ETA on the product LIST IT and then provide updates to the customer. But then again maybe I'm just asking too much from folks on the business side? Though being on that side myself, I have to say that my customers know exactly where their custom software is and I keep them in the loop on all the stages and have no issue adjusting (if needed) the expected delivery date.

Kiefer,

I apologize for any unreturned calls, as that is my responsibility. I do my best to respond to all messages within half a day, or by the following morning. However, I know it's happened where I've written down a number to call back and then got completely sidetracked, or put off calling an earlier timezone # (not saying this is your case) and had them unfortunately fall through the cracks.

I did see your tracking request email from Friday the 11th, and my response on Monday morning was a pretty generic, "A tracking # will be sent when your order ships. Thanks!" Regretfully, often that's the most honest answer I can give. Whereas bumpers are often pretty linear in the way we go down the build sheets, some of the other products like armor can vary based on when we're able to cut them out in batches, and even if one of the guys has a plan on a given day, sometimes that can get derailed by the random issues we face, which certainly makes pinning down build dates difficult!

FWIW, I (mostly) handle phones and the shipping side of things including the request tracking info link to the shipping@ email addy, whereas Brian or Daryl often answer the info@ addy and PMs.

Glad we could get you your answers, albeit through a roundabout way! And very sorry for any confusion put forth on our part.

And this is the guy I talked to on the Phone! Keep it up Eric! :cheers:

Kiefer,

Thanks for the reply Eric! I got a tracking number today! Should be here on the 24th... Hope i get my other light by then as well so i can get em all mounted up!

I Have absolutely no complaints now! I now know its a 5 guy show and Sh*t happens. I will most likely order from you guys again! I have heard All great things from the company and can't wait to see the Light boxes I ordered!

If I had to wait 3-5 days for a guy to pick something off a shelf, or 5-10 days for it to be "built of steel, and brawn"-Ron Burgundy , I'll pick the built one. I understand where you're coming from though. Sucks when you're waiting for the last piece of your project puzzle, and start getting all antsy in the pantsy. We've all been there.

Back