• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Jack White's Third Man Records

Cottontail

Three-De Off-Road
I work in student tourism and performing arts (since, to my knowledge, I can't make a living driving trails in my Jeep). About a year ago I was talking with Jack White from the White Stripes, Dead Weather, Racentours, and owner of Third Man Records and suggested to him a joint effort to help school fine arts departments.

He and I sat down with a team from his studio and put together a program for bands and choirs to come in and record and have their music pressed into vinyl. Pretty cool stuff.

The program was rolled out on the Third Man website on Friday, then today my interview with Huffington Post hit the internet.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/ellen-sterling/your-turntables-not-dead-_b_1240507.html

Pretty cool to see things like that come together for students...especially when so many schools are struggling with funding and the fine arts are competing with testing regiments. Pretty exciting for me too, to see a project 12 months in the making finally become reality.

That's awesome!

Now I have "they're gonna tear down the grand ol'opry". Stuck in my head

Very cool stuff. Good to see people really doing god stuff.

Back