• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

J Money Prerunner Build

I know how that one works man haha. PM me a day that's good for you and I'll come over and drool all over your driveway. :scottm:

Grimm, let me know when you come over... I will meet you there... havent seen your ugly mug in a while.

Wow. I like the sleeper look to it also. From afar it looks like a normal XJ, but when you look at it closely, its full of badas*ery. Very nice work.

Have you decided what you're going to use to seal off the shock clearance holes?

I really like that rack you built in the back. I take it you're using it for spare tires primarily?

Do the upper mounts go through the sheet metal into the engine compartment? Just for added strength?

Okay... Here are a few more so you can see how stuff works.

IMG_0720.jpg

IMG_0722.jpg

I planned on covering the holes with wetsuit material and then cover with carpet. I plan on eliminating noises by playing NOFX and Dazig real loud.

Ha, thats what I do 'cept with different music! :D

Do the upper mounts go through the sheet metal into the engine compartment? Just for added strength?

Looks to me like that mount is set up to have the tube inside the engine compartment as a landing area for part of the engine cage.

Id say hes using it as shock mounts primarily

It looked like a bit more than just a shock mount to me. If it is, thats the prettiest damn shock mount I've ever seen :D

They do not right now, it runs to the chromoly frame plating. It could easily be cut and sleeved to tie into the engine cage, but we're not there yet.

We just threw the cage in there to go beat on it last weekend, but we're ripping this cage out and selling it.

Roll cage number 2 will have a full engine cage and go through the dash.

It looked like a bit more than just a shock mount to me. If it is, thats the prettiest damn shock mount I've ever seen :D

The bed cage is designed to hold a spare and is also tied into the roll cage. The main function of the design is to create a sub frame that ties into the stock unibody "frame rails" at 10 points.

The main "flaw" in some of the bed cages we looked at is a lack of triangulation to limit lateral movement. The way ours is designed is to avoid twisting and tearing of the unibody by integrating a solid structure.

We are trying to avoid what happened to Grimm's Jeep :)

...,We are trying to avoid what happened to Grimm's Jeep :)
Well, your Jeep doesn't belong to Grimm,...
So as long as you don't let him borrow it,...

Sounds like you successfully avoided the problem. :D

oh snap haha. wait that's what mine did :confused1

My rig was falling apart from repeated beatings with no plating or stiffening. I built if before I knew any better and drove it like a maniac. Hopefully the next one can hold up to my lead foot :D

Back