• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I've ran out of clues

cheese27

NAXJA Forum User
My 95 XJ automatic cut out on me while on the highway. I haven't been able to got it started since. It would turn over, had spark and fuel. I replaced the CPS, after doing so it wouldn't even crank. I had the starter checked, they said it was bad so it is new now. Still no crank. The Battery is good. Anyone know where I should go from here?

Make sure you have oil in it....and that you can turn it over by hand, remove the spark plugs first though.....

How do I turn it over by hand?
You'll need to fit a socket and pull handle to the harmonic balancer bolt, and turn it that way.

Also check the negative battery cable connection to the engine block.....

After finding if it isn't seized-
Ignition switch
Fuel pump relay

The neutral saftey switch is bad...It will turn over in Neutral but not park. So, back to square one.

95 auto 4.0 won't start.
new CPS
new starter
fuel pressure is good.
???

Replaced the ignition coil, it runs great now. There was spark, I guess there wasn't enough though. Can these things "kind of work"? I thought it was all or nothing.

Back