• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

It's time to sell the Jeep

Andy Steiner

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Memorial Lifetime Member
For sale: 1999 Jeep Cherokee (XJ) Limited 4WD.

$18,500.00 or OBO

100_4756.jpg

4.0L Engine, Automatic transmission, NP242 Transfer case

109,700 miles

**Motorhome included in price**

100_7815.jpg

Please visit: http://andysteiner.posterous.com/114709391 for complete details.

More photos at: http://s2.photobucket.com/albums/y33/andysteiner/

If you're interested or know a friend who may be interested, please contact me. Otherwise it goes up on Craig's List on Monday.

Andy Steiner
(702) 463-1030 - Home
shamu613.gmail.com

forwarding it to the inlaws...they're looking :)

How many miles on the motorhome? How much just for the Jeep?

x2. What' the mileage on the motorhome? What's the mechanical condition of it? What would you sale just the motorhome for? My brother in law is looking for a motorhome right now.

How many miles on the motorhome?

Good question and I didn't bother to look. Right around 65,000 give or take.

How much just for the Jeep?

At the moment, I'd rather not break it up unless I got simultaneous offers on each. However, if somebody asks me the same question about the motorhome, I'll get back to you.

x2. What' the mileage on the motorhome? What's the mechanical condition of it? What would you sale just the motorhome for? My brother in law is looking for a motorhome right now.

There's no issues with the drive train. I've maintained it far more frequently than required. The coach's water pump and water filter system have been replaced. All the leveling jacks were replaced under extended warranty and I had to replace all the hydraulic hoses to the jacks. When one starts to leak, eventually they all leak. I upgraded the two battery system in the coach to four deep cycle 6 volt batteries.

Honestly, the worst problem mechanically, it could use a new set of shocks.

It's fully stocked like a small apartment. All the dishes, cookware, utensils, cleaning supplies, BBQ, camping chairs and table, hoses, extension cords, FRS radios, VHS and DVD, plus so much more.

Where are the RV and Jeep located right now?

Where are the RV and Jeep located right now?

Las Vegas. Actually Henderson to be more accurate.

The Jeep is also my daily driver and lives in my garage. The motorhome is in covered storage in a secure facility a few miles away.

I keep them out of the sun.

Buy both and sell the heep? Maybe donate for the NAXJA giveaway. Ha.

I'd be interested in the Jeep for a reasonable price. If someone is interested in the Motorhome maybe we can work out a deal to get sold as a package deal the way Andy wants. PM if someone is interested or call me at 818-632-3868.
-Justin

I'd be interested in the Jeep for a reasonable price. If someone is interested in the Motorhome maybe we can work out a deal to get sold as a package deal the way Andy wants. PM if someone is interested or call me at 818-632-3868.
-Justin

Sent the info to my brother in law and he's interested, but I need to know what Andy wants for each. Maybe send Justin and myself a PM of what he wants for each and Justin and I can figure out if that will work. Also, Andy my brother in law was doing some research on your RV and he had a couple questions. Does this have any pop outs/slide outs? Does it have the auto leveling system? Air suspension? Queen bed in the back? How many does it sleep? Exhaust break? Is this the 31'6" or the 32'6"? I guess they don't make a 32' even for that year. Sorry if these are stupid questions in the RV world. I'm just passing on what he asked.

Last edited:
Sent the info to my brother in law and he's interested, but I need to know what Andy wants for each. Maybe send Justin and myself a PM of what he wants for each and Justin and I can figure out if that will work.

That would be acceptable with one caveat. The Demo tow bar was re-engineered to fit into the 7/8" D-ring mounts on the front bumper. It will no longer accept an Excalibar standard base plate. If the vehicles were split, the tow bar might need to stay with the Jeep or be sold separately to somebody who wants such an animal.

Also, Andy my brother in law was doing some research on your RV and he had a couple questions. Does this have any pop outs/slide outs?
Pop outs were not available that year so no. However, it is the wider 102" coach.

Does it have the auto leveling system? Air suspension?
Leveling... yes. Automatic... no. No air suspension, but a set of Firestone auxiliary air bags aren't terribly expensive and from what I've been told, an easy install.

Queen bed in the back?
Yes.

How many does it sleep?
Officially... four. Two in the queen, two in the fold down couch. That being said, I've had as many as 7 sleeping in there with one reclining in the passenger captain seat and 2 in sleeping bags on the floor; one in the living area and one in the kitchen area. Crowded to be sure, but it worked.

I've also had 25 people (adults and children) inside, with all the left overs from the previous night's Thanksgiving feast. We were camped at Rasor Road OHV Area and the winds on Friday night gusted to 60mph and made eating outside impossible. We all piled into our motorhome and made a party out of it.

Exhaust break?
I assume you meant "brake"? No. It's a gas engine. But it does have the Banks Power Pak and that has a massive exhaust pipe.

Is this the 31'6" or the 32'6"? I guess they don't make a 32' even for that year.
I'm not sure if if I can accurately answer that. We bought it used on New Year's Eve of 2002. It was originally purchased new in Georgia by a couple who wanted to travel America. They either sold it outright or traded it in. I don't know. It was marketed as a 31' by the dealer. The info plate inside the closet has a "32" in the model number. I can take another run over to the storage area and snap a pic of that info plate if that becomes a deal breaker.

Sorry if these are stupid questions in the RV world. I'm just passing on what he asked.
More than willing to answer any and all questions.

BTW, I checked the mileage. 75,800.

The previous owners kept a logbook of all services and I have all the receipts from everything, I've done to both vehicles. (Excluding some parts I bought used from other NAXJA members.)

I took a run over to the motorhome today to check the mileage.

Thanks for the answers and I apologize that some of my questions were slightly ignorant. I didn't fully know what I was asking in some of them. Just passing on the questions. I gave my brother in law all the info. I guess he was looking for something diesel and that could sleep more. His interest has definately declined. I'm sorry if I wasted any of your time. Good luck with the sale. Your asking price for the pair is great and if I wasn't broke I would have jumped on this deal.

Back