• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

It's Hot

Boatwrench

NAXJA Forum User
This was on I-280 at Woodside coming home from the beach .

DSCN0387.jpg

and I didn't go to Bald because it was going to be hot.:bawl:

Feel sorry for my valley brethren.

Last edited:
yea its bad. I was outside today and i nearly passed out. hopefully this wave ends soon cause i wana go to hollister and the San Jose GP is this weekend too!!

you bay area guys are XXXXXXs. What is it, 96? Try 113 up here in Rocklin. Never left the house today at all. My pool water is 96*

SeanP

Yep, we were in Santa Cruz and had been driving home for about an hour. Photo was taken about 5PM, it was the third, the 1st read 110, the second read 112 and we couldn't believe it would get much warmer. I was doing 75mph and the a/c was on full tilt. It read 72*F when we parked in front of the house in SF..

We all live in the DIRTY ARM PIT! OH NO!!

seriously freakin hot here. The mountains are hot! Now they are having flash floods...sheesh.. mother nature needs to make her damn mind up.

I drank a 44oz suicide slurpy today in about 10 minutes. I dont think you can get brain freeze when the bank's thermomoter reads 114.

My house is still at 100, and that's downstairs.
:)
I had an ac/ac transformer grenade in my HVAC, and nobody in town was open today that could sell me a replacement.

GAH!

It was in the mid 60's yesterday and in the upper 60's to low 70's today in Eureka... What heat? :wave1:

Our power has been out since Saturday night at around 7:45pm. I left this morning for work and it was still out. :( PG&E is really dropping the ball. Central A/C is nice, but with no power, our thermostat was pegged at 90 in our place. I'm sure it got around 100 inside last night.

Capt. Nemo said:
Our power has been out since Saturday night at around 7:45pm. I left this morning for work and it was still out. :( PG&E is really dropping the ball. Central A/C is nice, but with no power, our thermostat was pegged at 90 in our place. I'm sure it got around 100 inside last night.

Yurf. At least our power's stayed on, but we don't have central aircon (And why not? Why weren't more houses built with central air out here?!?)

As far as dropping the ball - what do you expect from Professional Gouging and Embezzlement? California suffers from infrastructure problems - all generally attributed to an incredible lack of foresight. It's a common issue out here - generally speaking, most people out here can't seem to be able to think anywhere past the ends of their noses... You can see it in the way they drive!

5-90

Capt. Nemo said:

I work with someone that lives near your new place, she said the power will be out at her place and not be back on untill Tusday!!!

It totally sucks, can't do anything outside or in the garage. And I get 10 times as many phone calls for work in the heat. Can't wait for it to end

It nice to see some people can stay inside in the heat. I was out in it the past few days. Fires like this kind of weather.

I stoped in Moab on the way home from a wheelin trip in Colorado and it was 107. What a relief to get home to Stockton and 115.:skull1:

Boatwrench and I just got back from a trip to Tuolumne where it was 106. It was 115 coming back through Tracy. Sure glad Tom decide to take the green XJ since it has AC. Thanks for playing hooky with me Tom.

We just got our power back tonight. Three days without it was a little rough on the baby, but we managed. Turns out the transformer blew across the street. The PG&E crew working on the transformer was from Calistoga, and I guess they have crews up here all the way from Bakersfield.

The first transformer they put in was bad, and when they went back to the yard to get another, they said that they took the last one. They said that there were over 500 transformers that went out in San Jose, and that they only had 300 in stock.

So if I could retract my statement in my other post, PG&E didn't drop the ball and the crew they had working on our transformer was a great group of guys. The equipment just couldn't take the heat.

Our thermostat is now down to 80 degrees. 80 never felt so good...

Back