• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ITS GO TIME!!!(BEER & FOOD, ON ME!)

What EXCATLY do you need to do?

for example:
Install rear axle
install front lift components (control arms, track bar, coil springs, shocks, trackbar mount, trackbar brace...)
install brake lines
install SYE and measure for driveshaft

Just trying to get an idea of timeframe...

Also - check the u-bolts that came with you kit to make sure they fit the d44... tube size is different among the different XJ axles...

XJ_ ranger -

What NEEDS to be done:

-front springs
-all shocks
-leaf springs
-track bar
-all reinforcement parts that came with the lift kit
- SYE kit (the bolt on kit)
- Control arms
- Tires have been balanced and mounted

What is currently DONE:

- DANA 44 - IS installed with NEW-fitted U-bolts (the Dana44 is on lock-down!)
- BRAKELINES ARE INSTALLED - (the extended aftermarket ones, front and rear)
- Driveshaft - (tomwoods has NOT been installed due to the lenght being TOO long for stock hight.)

Thanks,

& any idea how long that will take??????

My front end has been apart several times and I'm guessing just the front will take 3 to 4 hours. Old track bar mount is welded so some cleaning up to do before the new one can be welded on. And I'm thinking the rear will be about the same due to the beer in my belly. A busy saturday but with good endings. Not the ending we all want but.

XJ_ ranger -

What NEEDS to be done:

-front springs
-all shocks
-leaf springs
-track bar
-all reinforcement parts that came with the lift kit
- SYE kit (the bolt on kit)
- Control arms
- Tires have been balanced and mounted

& any idea how long that will take??????
I dont mount or balance tires - mostly because my tires have 3/4" thick side walls... I pay for that...

On my rig - that would probably take a Saturday afternoon...

I'll bring my grinder to get your leaf springs out.

does your buddy have a welder? sometimes welders are required to put leaf springs back in.

Got a bunch of RTV and some ATF III? <-- whatever the 231 takes.

I'm assuming the 'bolt on SYE' is an "HD SYE" meaning a BEEFY main shaft, new tailcone, yoke, and a few misc seals?

I dont mount or balance tires - mostly because my tires have 3/4" thick side walls... I pay for that...

On my rig - that would probably take a Saturday afternoon...

I'll bring my grinder to get your leaf springs out.

does your buddy have a welder? sometimes welders are required to put leaf springs back in.

Got a bunch of RTV and some ATF III? <-- whatever the 231 takes.

I'm assuming the 'bolt on SYE' is an "HD SYE" meaning a BEEFY main shaft, new tailcone, yoke, and a few misc seals?

Uhhh , so why would one need a welder?? still tryin to figure this one out........ :dunno:

Uhhh , so why would one need a welder?? still tryin to figure this one out........ :dunno:

last time I took my springs out, I had to cut the eff outta my frame to get the internal bolt on the front spring hanger out... (hence the grinder)

after cutting enough to get something in there to hold the spinning nut, I un-bolted them.

The hole that spinning the nut left me with was fairly large, so I welded a piece of 10ga to the nut, and shoved it back in there with the plate keeping the nut from spinning (similar to the UCA bolts or the trackbar axle side nut) and also prevent it from being pulled thru the mount...

there is probably another way, but I did it that way, and it works :dunno:

last time I took my springs out, I had to cut the eff outta my frame to get the internal bolt on the front spring hanger out... (hence the grinder)

after cutting enough to get something in there to hold the spinning nut, I un-bolted them.

The hole that spinning the nut left me with was fairly large, so I welded a piece of 10ga to the nut, and shoved it back in there with the plate keeping the nut from spinning (similar to the UCA bolts or the trackbar axle side nut) and also prevent it from being pulled thru the mount...

there is probably another way, but I did it that way, and it works :dunno:

Ive done ALOT of these spings, never had that happen but anything is possible and better to be ready then not. ....

Wish my time frame allowed me to help you out.... I'd be happy to open up my shop and hook you up ($300/day is ridiculous!), but I'm flat out not available the next couple of weekends.

John

Back