• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

It's 5.3/AW4 swap time for the road racer

Click here to watch LSxJ/AW4 haulin' ASS on a road course.

HOPRidge_zps711413ab.jpg

Compared to exactly 1 year ago with the built 4.0.

So, can safely say that the AW4 bellhousing adapter/flexplate mount are working good?

Thanks a lot guys, I am not on face book, but will keep a eye out here for sure. I've been working out plans for a LS powered XJ sleeper so I'll just sit here and see how the pros do it. :read:

I was just curious what the long term assessment of the trans adapter was? Seems like it was one thing that didn't give you guys any trouble unless I just missed it...?

We've sure learned a lot. Feel free to PM if you have any questions, or just post em here.

Hi there and greetings from Finland! Your PM box is full so let's try this way then.

I read your topics on LS+AW4 with great interest and got interested in more details about the adapter as well about the wiring. I have a ZJ 4.0 -94 with AW4 and my friend has a obsolete 4.8 LR4 -99 in the garage so I thought about obvious choice i.e. upgrading the motor in ZJ. Even though the combo did not last long in your XJ race car, it might work just fine in my hunting/off road vehicle. So all help is appreciated!

Back