• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

isuzu dana 44

rockwerks

NAXJA Forum User
anyone try one of these......I am considering one for the rear of the new truck....from the ARB catalog.....they use the same part numbers 07 and 06.....same shaft size.....big bearing from what Im told...disc brakes are great....the only drawback Ican see is the width of 58.5"...but nothing wheel spacers would not cure...and since Im going four link in the rear perch placement dont matter...any thing Im missing here?

it's right around the same width as an explorer 8.8" so that shouldn't be a problem.

it's a good setup to run, just not as available as other options and the 6-lug pattern turns people off.

well for me thats the good part...Im running a front HP dana 44 from an f150 narrowed to grand wagoneer width.....so I can use stock axles shafts easy to replace....and teh grand wagoneeer is 6x5.5 same as the Isuzu

I was just wondering... what years of Isuzu's used the Dana 44 with the disc brakes? Was it on the Rodeo or the Trooper or both? Last question; what is the stock axle width for an XJ? (My axle is a Dana 35 currently)

Thanks!
XmikeJ

Im keeping it..having a hard time even getting gears for it to match teh front dana 44...bakc ordered twice...only one manufacturer for them ...NISMO....475.00 per set and 150.00 for install stuff......Im gonna put in a 44 for now and keep on teh lookout for gears etd.....the isuzu axle will be running the nissan four link so change over will be quick

The Isuzu D44 is narrow enough that the disc brake calipers will interfere with the leaf springs of an XJ. One way around it is to make built-in lift blocks on the axle, but this does not seem that ideal. The other issue is I think that they are 6 lug??

Scott

the isuzu axle will be running the nissan four link so change over will be quick

read the above ...Im running an MJ its 4" or so narrower on the spring perches....also running four link rear not leaf springs....so its a mute point.....

well for me thats the good part...Im running a front HP dana 44 from an f150 narrowed to grand wagoneer width.....so I can use stock axles shafts easy to replace....and teh grand wagoneeer is 6x5.5 same as the Isuzu

up the post a little further it mentions Im gonna be running 6 lug on the front anyway.....

Back