• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Issue after installing lift blocks!!!! NEED HELP!

Boatwrench said:
The sway bar, whether necessary or not should NOT be rubbing the tire after this mod. Theoretically the body went straight up, the sway bar now rubbing indicates a sideways position. I think Ryan M & SGTMAcK have the correct answer, the photos make me believe the axle is not centered, possibly due to centering pins not being aligned properly. Recheck the installation, when seated in the perches correctly, retorque the spring u-bolts and recheck the torque after driving a bit.

AND lose the sway bar, it doesn't work well off road.

Tom

Yea but from looking at it, the sway bar ends haven't shifted at all, but have come up 2". Before they would sit inside the rim, and now being 2" higher, they are rubbing the sidewall of the tire.

rstarch345 said:
And those guys are probably using anti-wrap bars as well. Just because Johnny-be-wrong jumps off a bridge doesn't mean you should.

Loose the blocks.

They're only 2" blocks, they'll be fine under there until I get a kit.

97CountryXJ said:
I ran lift blocks a while back, lost the sway bar. Rode the same, but it did trash my springs. My 2 cents, loose (correction, lose) the blocks, get springs and possibly re-install the sway bar.
I couldn't agree more. I had the misfortune of running 3" blocks. I've never made such a bad decision. Trashed my springs, the horrible spring wrap was destroying rear u joints about twice a month. The frequent loss of ujoints destroyed my rear drive shaft. Then the nail in the coffin was that the swingin drive shaft cracked the bearing retainer on my transfer case. The moral of this story is to get rid of those blocks quick fast and in a hurry.:explosion
edit: Oh and yes i had to remove my swaybar because the tires were rubbin.

camarors8992 said:
Yea but from looking at it, the sway bar ends haven't shifted at all, but have come up 2". Before they would sit inside the rim, and now being 2" higher, they are rubbing the sidewall of the tire.
"bingo,we have winner"

RCP Phx said:
"bingo,we have winner"

I agree also.

IMO remove the swaybar and the blocks... Lift it the right way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97CountryXJ
Allow me to elaborate, get rid of the blocks, they will ruin the leaf springs.
Not loosen them, "looze", get rid if. sepll chek not wurkin, sorry.

WheelinJR said:
What mister wong lee here is trying to say is that blocks excessively exploit axle wrap and will cause leaf springs to prematurely sag, and even get bad inverted bends in the end. Hasta
Sankyouverrymuch!!! Ancient grandfather of 4X4 say, lift with block, spring go to junk.

You cannot use the sway bar with that type of lift block, exactly the problem you have will happen. Luckily a tire didn't blow out. Your springs will wrap and very near in the future a spring pack will be required. Just do it right the first time.

Last edited:
yep thats the problem it brought the swau bar link up and into the tire.
in the directions for my lift kit it told me to remove the sway bar no big difference.
asap ditch the blocks for springs when funds are available.

Back