• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ISO: Late model passenger power seat base

lesslimited

Official MWC Brewmeister
NAXJA Member
Looking for two or three of these, local yards never seem to get any XJs in any more. Would like to pick up at CoFest, if you're not going and can't get it to someone who is, I could meet you on the way there or back.

'95.5 is when they started putting that cross brace on top of the floor, that the front of the brackets bolt into the front of, rather than down into the floor like the earlier models. Working motors a plus but not a necessity, I can swap in ZJ motors.

And I already checked with Troy, believe it or not, he doesn't have any! :D

If I am not mistaken the power passenger base only came in for the heated leather seats in the 2000 and 2001. Which means it is excessively rare.

If I am not mistaken the power passenger base only came in for the heated leather seats in the 2000 and 2001. Which means it is excessively rare.

I think you are right about that, except it extends to 1999.

Driver and Passenger Power Seat Base
1999-2001 Limited Leather with Heat

Driver Side Only Power Seat Base
1998-2001 Limited Leather without Heat
1999-2001 Classic Cloth
1995-1997 Country Leather
1995-1997 Country Cloth

Thanks for the replies!

I know you guys know your jeeps, but I hope it may have been possible to order with other trims.

The one I do have was heated, don't remember what year it came out of.

The spare driver's side one I have came out of a '97 Sport with cloth seats, but I have no way of knowing if it came from the factory with that.

Might have to take another look at adapting the ZJ base.

And since I started this thread, my local LKQ has received a bunch more ZJs and WJs, a Liberty and a Commander, but no XJs.

There are always exceptions to the rules but the passenger seat base seems to be a hard fast one. You can find examples of what I listed without power bases (less common in the cloth versions). So who is to say you couldn't find one of those with a passenger base? It would just be exceedingly rare. Good luck with your search, John, it will be one of patience.

FYI many of the export XJs had the power right side seat base. Jeeps parts are fairly inexpensive out of the UK. I've bought several smaller hard to find items from the UK. A passenger power seat base is exactly the type of thing that you could locate and have shipped for a reasonable price.

Also, I have 2 XJ heated leather seats with power seat bases, make me an offer I cannot refuse.

Back