• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ISO 4bt....

XJ-ARNIE

NAXJA Forum User
Possibly looking for a good 4BT core to go through. More complete the better.

Thinking about putting it into a cj2a....

i looked for a long time a few years ago and settled on an insuzu 4bd1t...they are hard to find in the midwest and they keep going up in price. i wish i still had the 4bd1t.

i do see them pop up out here quite a bit, what is your budget like? its a bit of a hike, but if the right deal comes in i can see if i can parts train one too you.

You know, I may have to rethink this whole thing. I'm.not sure a 4bt is a good candidate for a few reasons. Cat 4 cyl seem to be cheaper. 4bts are pricey, and I don't mind spending what they are worth, but I may need to do some more reading. I'm open to suggestion.

You know, I may have to rethink this whole thing. I'm.not sure a 4bt is a good candidate for a few reasons. Cat 4 cyl seem to be cheaper. 4bts are pricey, and I don't mind spending what they are worth, but I may need to do some more reading. I'm open to suggestion.

honestly for a cj those 3.9 4 cyls are pretty heavy...the 4bt and 4bd1t are over 750 lbs for just the engine.

i would honestly look at the vw 1.9 diesel...the peugeot xd2s i had would have been perfect. 2.3L turbo diesel...can mate to the xj ba10/5 tranny...

the cummins 3.3 may actually be a good option too

I'd kind of like something domestic, but I know that there are good dealdto be had on the imported stuff. There's tons of Perkins options, a few cat options. Maybe I'll find something oddball, I always liked the oddball stuff.

Back