• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Is your floor supposed to get hot?

Wow that's a really cool XJ, but why would you feel the need to drive an armored cherokee?? :firedevil

Unfortunately I feel safer with it...i don't live in the States though but in Southamerica..for starters I wanted to have an xj,i was looking for one and came across this armored one that was selling for the price of the truck plus ,I would say a quarter of the price of armoring(armoring doesn't last for ever...) it's not that uncommon now that here they would try to robb you in stoplights ,first thing they would do is try to shatter your windows,as a matter of fact last week ,the wife of a famous soccer ex player here was tryied to get robbed by 3 armed guys who couldn't brake her windows cause her car was armored,she was driving withe her kid..I think the best thing is that it gives you certain peace of mind in certain situations...On the other hand i've had an episode long ago with the ZJ,when it was much of a target for robbers(it was actually then my father's who was working in the States and brought back with him...)It wasn't pretty ,the size and power of the good old V8 ZJ and share luck saved my butt but there was a lot of ramming between cars involved...In conclussion ,I think it's worth the downside of having an armored car...:rolleyes:

Hows your acceleration? Particularly up hills. Sluggish? Does your temp needle climb as your Jeep does?

While the passenger floor gets warm, if your cat is clogged it will get very hot. You also will run hotter when putting a load on the engine.

Any easy way to find out if my cat is is clogged? Thanks

Back