• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

is this the best super swamper for the street?

white_elephant

NAXJA Forum User
Interco Super Swamper TSL SSR Radial Mud Terrain Tire

or is there a better one? if there is which one...

it will be more mudding than anything and off course street

My buddy swears by Trxus MTs he thinks they are the best all around tire but I think they are too noisey.

I've heard that SSRs are pretty uneffective on mud, and noisy on the street.
I have had TrXus mts for a year and more now and yeah they are little bit noisy but they're mud terrain swampers ;) (I have full exhaust including dynomax catback and its easy on my ears on the freeway)

I'd recomment TrXus but they don't do so well on ice IMO

I had the Trxus M/T's good tire for offroad not bad on road. I did have some balance issues.

Youngwon22 said:
I've heard that SSRs are pretty uneffective on mud, and noisy on the street.
I have had TrXus mts for a year and more now and yeah they are little bit noisy but they're mud terrain swampers ;) (I have full exhaust including dynomax catback and its easy on my ears on the freeway)

I'd recomment TrXus but they don't do so well on ice IMO

Tell me of a good MT tire that performs well on ice. I believe the Trxus is the best winter/snow/ice radial MT our there for the money. Know I've heard the Toyo MT's are suppose to be very good in all conditions included ice and snow, and actually the Cooper version is the same tire, just a little cheaper. The only real issue I've found with The trxus MT is balancing, but I went with beads and it definitely is night and day against rim weights. And as any tire you need to keep them on a strict rotation schedule, if you can't handle this, don't buy them, when they wear unevenly, forget it.

The SSR is not agressive enough for any SERIOUS mud...and it's expensive...the Trxus MT is not a SERIOUS mud tire either, the lugs are too small and the voids are too small...but if you want to street drive it...both are ok....if how well it pulls in mud is most important....the TSL radial is a good choice....but if you want to be able to scare small kids and little old ladies by the sound of you driving down the road.....get BOGGERS!!! which by the way are the ultimate mud tire....but you wont like them at all on the street if wear or balance is a desirable feature (or price).

Trxus MT's are by far my favorite radial tire I've ever ran. I couldn't have been more pleased with them both on and offroad.

They have pretty decent siping compared to most mud terrains, which makes them do pretty damn well in snow and wet surfaces. Hooked up really well on rocks and I never had any issues losing beads or cutting sidewalls. I DD's them in 33x12.5 size at around 80-100 miles per day and they were just fine IMO.

Not too expensive, either...I paid around $130/each for them and mounted/balanced them myself.

any TSL is going to suck on road.
the tread blocks are massive, stopping in snow and ice is dicey.
they're noisy
they vibrate below 35 MPH
they're a bitch to keep balanced.
If it's your DD they won't last long, no matter what the flavor.
Get the truxus or another dual purpose MT.
If you're set on swampers, then pick up a set of stock steelies and mount road tires on them for your DD duty.

I have truxus m/ts as well and they are a good all around tire, no the best for serious mud like stated before, but they perform decent in most conditions.

87manche said:
any TSL is going to suck on road.
the tread blocks are massive, stopping in snow and ice is dicey.
they're noisy
they vibrate below 35 MPH
they're a bitch to keep balanced.
If it's your DD they won't last long, no matter what the flavor.
Get the truxus or another dual purpose MT.
If you're set on swampers, then pick up a set of stock steelies and mount road tires on them for your DD duty.

Agreed..

I ran the SSR's in a 35 which was actually closer to a 36. Noisy, could not keep them balanced..hated driving the XJ till i lowered it a few "'s and went back to 33's.

The trxus are a pretty good all around MT they have some siping to help with the rain and such but they are also considerably heavier than almost anything thats the same size and thats what might make them hard to balance. I'm not talking bad just one drwabck I don't want to deal with

Back