• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Is the world going to end if I use spacers?

I think that I have concluded that 33x10.5 on 15x7 alloy with 4" backspace is the best fit for me.

While I like the idea of a 35" I don't think the taller tire would cause any issues, but going to 12.5 plus 8" rims would need 3" backset. Pushing the we out plus adding width plus adding weight is just too many added concerns for me.

So with 33x10.5's I could run a set of 1-1/4 spacers with the stock rims or pick up the MB wheels with 4" backset. New rims would cost a little more, but eliminates a potential issue including the tire shops willingness to rotate, mount and balance.

12.50s on 4" of backspacing is very common. The only issue youll run into is possible rubbing on the leaf springs if you have an 8.8. Then you may need an extra 1/4-1/2". Most shops don't promote spacers, but if they won't mount and balance a tire for you, take your money elsewhere. 7" wide rim on a 10.50 is great, but if you think you may EVER want 12.50s... Just get an 8" wide rim. You'll thank yourself.

I run 33X12.5x15" tires on stock rims with 1.25" spacers. I do hit the lower control arms(not stock) on full lock. I may even have spaced out the steering stop at some point in the last 20 years, but I don't remember. :) With 15x8" rims, it was worse.

Back