• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Is my tcu blown? I need help, jeep is almost undrivable.

I don't have a pict but the TPS is located in the engine bay, driver side, near the throttle body beside the Idle air controller. Do a search here, but its small about 11/2" device that has a very small arm that moves when the throttle moves up and down. It tells the ECU (and if auto tranny the TCU) the relative position of the throttle. The TCU side wiring goes back to the Transmission Controller. I don't know which pins on your model XJ. My Jeep is a RENIX and has a somewhat different configuration from yours. If there was some melted wires under the dash, that's the area I would take a close look at :eyes: .

VTEK1 said:
I have the same problem sort of but my 99 just stopped shifting and has this error code on the odometer "no bus". Is there an inline fuse near the TCU. Is the TCM and TCU the same thing?

I am out of my league here, but to answer your second question first I think TCM and TCU are the same device just different names. Like I said before there is an in-lne fuse near the TCU on my Renix, but I don't know about the 99 setup. Doesn't the 99 have a fuse panel under the hood?

Yea, all the fuses are under hood, and I tested every one.

I'll check out the tps tomorrow.

He may have the same in line fuse near the TCU as we do. Look under the lower dash panel, passenger side for the fuse, wiring and the TCU.

I really don't think there is one.

And just to show how differnt they are, my tcu is on the drivers side.

:(

Back