• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

is calico on this year????

My wife and I are planning on going and will be trying to stay in the campground. We may have 2 or 3 XJ's with us. We will probably run into you guys on the trail.

hey drew, im still good for this saturday. HOw early can i come by and help you out with your rock sliders? im thinking the earlier the better as i dont want to be in traffic in the afternoon.

Let me know.

Julio

I have had a blast at this run, don't really care if it is crowded or not, wild or mild (crowd wise) Either way it seems to be fun and a good opportunity to meet some NAXJA guys (and figure out which ones to stay away from) <---- Thats a joke.

Unfortunatly on my way to JV I developed a nasty wheel grinding noise. Just got the unit bearings in the mail today....but won't have them installed in time for this years Calico run.

Sucks cause that is one of my favorite trails. I will await the photos for sure!

remi complaining about people drinking? wow thats backasswards.

I have had a blast at this run, don't really care if it is crowded or not, wild or mild (crowd wise) Either way it seems to be fun and a good opportunity to meet some NAXJA guys (and figure out which ones to stay away from) <---- Thats a joke.

Unfortunatly on my way to JV I developed a nasty wheel grinding noise. Just got the unit bearings in the mail today....but won't have them installed in time for this years Calico run.

Sucks cause that is one of my favorite trails. I will await the photos for sure!

Hey John, I can come over any night this week and help you swap those out real quick. Should only take 30 minutes.

So when is this going to happen? Can anybody go? I hear it is a great place to play, never been...

So Scott.....did you read the thread yet?

;)

Okay, I'll be nice. There are a few people heading up there this weekend.
Some will stay at Calico, some will stay other places.....
Ya' know, I have never been to Calico.

Hey John, I can come over any night this week and help you swap those out real quick. Should only take 30 minutes.

thanks Johnny! I got Finch scheduled later this month, we are going to do the booster swap as well. I'd push it to get them fixed, but I have been buried at work and just can't get away that weekend.

Should be looking good for somthing in March though!
(Calico, Big Bear or Bullfrog?)

See, i get this now.. I'm old so i have to read it more than once..Sorry..LOL..I can't make it, so have a good time...Hey rick, i am out of roofs, so please be nice.:doh:

Im thinking about going, i have never been, how are the trails? , also where are you all camping, is there room for another xj?

Im thinking about going, i have never been, how are the trails? , also where are you all camping, is there room for another xj?

Jesse, Calico is a ghost town with a campground.
Do a google search of Calico Ghost Town and you should find the
information about the campground.
Got it for you.
http://www.calicotown.com/
Just remember, this is not an official event, just some wheelers getting together to
go wheelin'.

This weekend huh... I wonder if I can swing it..

I was reading the calico web site, trying to find info about camping, is there free camping with no hook ups. just desert camping?

Back