• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

IS ANYONE STILL GOING TO COFEST??

Fred

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
Yes I'm yelling. I can't make it, unless things work out so Zac and I can come out later in the week. Honestly, I'm thinking of calling the campsite and tell them to cancel the reservation.

Reasons:
1. Mother is in hospital, 95, and feeble.
2. 97 POS won't run right.
3. Haven't had time to finish my 90.
4. I'm laid off.
5. That's right, I'm whining and I'm stressing out. :cry::explosion:gonnablow

I was really hoping to make it to this one as I haven't made it yet but thanks to good old Uncle Sam its not going to happen. I said it last year but damnit, next year I'm making COFest.

Well I am officailly out now. Cody's All-Star team won the 10u Colorado State Championships so they will be playing in the 10u Midwest Plains Regional Baseball tourny in Kalona, IA.

If there was any way remotely possible I would handle it but I'm in the middle of moving and just cannot make it happen money or time-wise..

We were supposed to start moving in tomorrow (lease already signed deposit paid) but things got all screwed up on the Broker's end of things so now its looking like Tuesday (after I had arranged utilities, Quest, DirecTV,moving truck, etc. all for this weekend :gonnablow ).

Are you going to get screwed on the KOA reservation? I'm getting screwed as well. I can't go on vacation until I complete a bunch of documentation. I can't get the docs done because I'm slammed turning up this new data center and supporting the one I helped turn up a few months ago.

I'm not too worried about that, although I will call them tomorrow. It's only $150 plenty of money in the coffers.

wow wow wow back it up. have you not seen other threads. Theres still between 8-10 jeeps going and about 20 or so people going. Im sorry to hear you can make it and all but dont go and cancel the trip just because of that and ruin the fun for the others. We have alot of people coming from out of state.

We have way to many threads going about this shit a well. Mods need to get rid of some thread and just have one. To much info running around in to many diff threads!

Yeah, there's definitely far too many threads about this mess...... not sure they can be compiled so hopefully folks take the time to look over all of 'em.

I believe Fred was saying he was thinking of cancelling HIS reservation, but not the group reservation. We'd been talking about this in the BOD forum and the Chapter is probably going to eat a bit of an up-charge for the un-used tent sites we'd reserved that don't get used.

All previous reservations made by those of you attending should still be in place and honored by the campground.

No, that is incorrect. The group has a reservation for 10 sites, that they expect to have two occupants per site. Hence the 20 to 40 people. The problem is that on Monday, someone has to be there to collect the fees for each occupant. The club is the collector and payer of the fees for camping.
I will not be there Monday.

And jeapfreak 1020, if I do manage to find the time to get there and wheel with my 17 year old son, like we've been planning now for 8 months, after I"ve taken care of my dying mother, I'll expect an apology for your snark.

The campsite is there. Reservations are made. It's the price and the payment that might be difficult. I'm sure the people that show up can arrange trail leaders, etc.

It's solved. Dennis will take care of the campground stuff. I'm about to go meet him with the treasurer stuff.

It's solved. Dennis will take care of the campground stuff. I'm about to go meet him with the treasurer stuff.

I just got off the phone with him.I gave him a short tutorial of what he needs to do as far as collecting the campground fees and told him to call me whenever he needs to if he has any more questions. :thumbup:

Dennis is in control. I'm trying to talk to the campground to let them know what is going on. Looks like my Mon and Tues will be tied up dealing with my mother. If I can get a jeep or too working, we might make it out the end of the week.

I am going to be there the whole week! I will be at the KOA as stated in the National thread. I will help out with what ever needs done to make this a good Fest!! Replied to your PM Fred.

Back