• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Is Anyone In Southwestern, Pa?

LINDON C. GAMBLE

NAXJA Forum User
I Am Deployed Overseas Right This Second But I Should Be Home In Jan. I Have A 2000 Cherokee Sport; Lifted 3 In; Swampers; Dana 44 With Lockright Locker; And A Lot Of The Usual, Good Shit!!!

I Live In Bolivar, Pa. It Is A Very Small Town About An Hour East Of Pittsburgh. IT IS ABOUT A 3 HOUR RIDE FROM CHAMBERSBURG. WHO REGEARED YOUR AXLES?

Last edited:
I Am Tempted To Try Out A Set Of 33 In. Bfg A/t Ko's. The Swamper Ssr's Run Big So My 31's Are 31.5 Dia. I Think Your 33's Are 32.7 Dia. I Could Fit Them On My Ride Due To 3 Inch Lift And Plenty Of Fender Trimming With The Good Old Cutting Wheel And Grinder. I Dont Even Plan On Putting Flares On It. It Looks Tough Without Them. I Just Dont Want To Lose Any "grunt" With The 3.55 Gears. Please Tell Me Its Not Worth It So I Dont Have To Spend More Money On This Daily Driver!!!

LINDON C. GAMBLE said:
I Live In Bolivar, Pa. It Is A Very Small Town About An Hour East Of Pittsburgh. IT IS ABOUT A 3 HOUR RIDE FROM CHAMBERSBURG. WHO REGEARED YOUR AXLES?

Is Annie's restaraunt still going down there? <burp>
I'm in VA now, but I hail from Johnstown....family has a farm in Armagh (which is where I built my MJ). I was just up there last weekend :laugh3:
Jeff

Sadly, Annie Died Back In 1999, Or So, And The Restaurant Went With Her. Some Other Kind Of Local Business Made Its Way There. I Lived In Johnstown For 5 Years Or So But I Am Originally From New Florence. How Are Things In Armaugh? I'm Overseas Now, And Cant Waite To Go Home!!! Take It Easy!!!

LINDON C. GAMBLE said:
I Lived In Johnstown For 5 Years Or So

I feel so sorry for you LOL.....we moved out in '93, to Greensburg, then down here to Richmond in '99. I still get back home about every 6 weeks or so, depending on my work schedule. Both of our families are still there, like everyone else -> probably until they die. I can't figure out what it is about Jtown that noone leaves or if they do, they migrate back within 5 to 10 years????

Stay safe overseas, and THANKS for doing what you do. I ETS'd back in '95, now I'm too lazy and drink way too much beer to do what you do :laugh3:

Jeff

My Ets Was 5 Months Ago But I Cant Really Get Out Untill We Get Back. My Unit Is In Johnstown, Near The Airport. I Fix Apache Helicopters. Anyway, Have A Cold One For Me, Huh? Gotta Get Back To Work, 15 Min. Break Is Over.

I'm From South Western, Pa. I Just Like To Drink Beer And Trail Ride On All Of The Ridges, Stone Quarries, Back Roads, Farms And Rough Looking Shit That I Can Find, With My Friends. Fun!!! I Wont Pay Money To Go 4 Wheeling At Paragon Park, Or Any Other Offroad Park For That Matter. It Costs Enough Money To Fix What I Break Let Alone Payin To Break It. Chambersburg Is About A 3 Hour Trek From My Place. I Am Overseas , But Will Be Home In Jan. Is Your Xj Pretty Much Stock Or What? Take Care

Johnstown Helo unit, eh? That's just a few miles away - I'm over near Central City. Not much legal open to run anymore, half of Laurel Ridge between J-town and Seward got closed by PGC - be careful where you run when you get back. We don't need to give the greenies any more ammo. You might want to check out BLWA.org - they're a hardcore (i.e. buggy type) club based loosely between J-town and Indiana.

Oh yeah ... thanks for serving!!!
(I was USN '89-91)

I Do Mostly Trail Riding And Hill Climbs With My Jeep. There Are Actually A Decent Amount Of Places Between Johnstown And Bolivar, Where I Live, To Dick Around Up In The Woods With The Jeep. Alot Of The Places Are Posted, But Have Signs That Say "cooperation Wins" And Stuff Like That. As Long As You Stay On The Trail And Dont Litter The Landowners Dont Really Care. That Is On Chestnut Ridge,though. I Hunt And Trail Ride On The Laurel Ridge A Lot Too. So Far No Problems. A Lot Of Times I Park The Jeep And Just Scout Around For New Hunting Spots And Take My Dog For Walks And Bullshit Like That. I Work In Johnstown And Go Over The Mountain Down Into New Florence On The Way Home Sometimes. So Far NO HEAT FROM PGC On My Ass. Take Care!!

Back