• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Is AAA worth it?

Among other things, Progressive offers 15 miles of free towing with their roadside to the spot of my liking, and costs me $46/year for both of my ZJ's. Not a bad deal if you ask me, considering AAA is $60 a year or so?

AAA is top-tier for tow companies when it comes to the roadside assistance contracts. Others stand in line behind them.

A good example would be the cell phone carrier roadside assistance. It costs so little because they're at the back of the line, you end up waiting a *lot* more.

I have two layers of RA. I carry AAA premiere and also have 35 miles through my AMA membership.

After I had to use my Safeco "roadside (non)assistance" I will never, ever rely on an insurance companies plan. They literally offered to tow to the nearest Freds service station and then see ya. I'm getting AAA and dropping their "assistance".

the first time i had to use my AAA premiere was when my driveshaft fell out on the way home =after a wheeling weekend. thank god for that 200 mile tow, i actually ended up being 14 miles past the 200, slipped the driver a $20 and he said no problem. without AAA that tow would have cost me well over 400$.

is it worth it? YES. if you need it, YES. if you dont, maybe you can help someone else.

Back