• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Iron Man's Extreme Duty Adjustable shackles

No personal experience with the ACOS system but like you I plan to run one once I add the bumper and winch. My thought is it would not limit flex or if it does it would not be enough to notice. Again no 'real' world experience just my educated guess.

Food for thought: Rustys has a similar system for $200, http://rustysoffroad.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=RC-AJ80-UV&Category_Code=COILS

thanks for the reply

i think im going to stick with JKS though

i saw the acos for $211 w/ free shipping somewhere

Was playing with the suspension on the jeep today and measured the ironman shackles. They are about 7 1/2" eye to eye fully collapsed which is 4 1/2" longer than stock. This makes them aprox a 2" lift shackle when fully collapsed.

are there any disadvantages of any kind in using ACOS with a shorter coil compared to just running a full length coil and no ACOS...?
=========================================================================
Shorter coil + ACOS may bind with less flex then a long coil. meaning less up trivel.
But give a longer shock would be needed to gain drop the stop would need to be extended to save the longer shock and would make the up trivel linit of S-coil +ACOS OF little or no inportants.
Not even taking into acount the bigger ties will need extended stops.
I would say do the bumper and winch first then go from there. As normal NO hlp at all LOL

Back