• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

IP Ban?

woody

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Memorial Lifetime Member
for the pack of goons spamming the AZ Chapter forum

The IP Address is: 87.118.110.212. The host name is: ns.km23545.keymachine.de.

all have registration emails ending in @email.ru

I don't have a clue how to IP ban, may not have permissions to anyway :dunno:

:wave:

Oops..... responded in another forum.

I want to run through more of the reports yet tonight, but it does look it's gonna be an IP ban. Not that that will do all that much good, there's a list in my other post of names I need to check out.

After further review......

The only activity since October on that IP address is the list of names posted in the Mod forum. That includes registrations, posting, as well as just general HTTP access (yes, I read the logs.)

As a result, I've added the address to the ban list in the board software. Assuming that no valid complaints come in, I'll keep an eye on the logs for activity from that address.

Dammit, these bozos look like they're not going to give up easily. It does look like there are some valid users of mail.ru as an email domain, so I don't think that will work out.

If I/we can figure it out, how would it sit with you to have to moderate, say, the first 3 to 5 posts by any new registered user? Anybody who pays up front to either be a club member or a forum supporter should bypass this.

Edit: This is Jeff, I've taken over the F.F. identity.

F. F. said:
Dammit, these bozos look like they're not going to give up easily. It does look like there are some valid users of mail.ru as an email domain, so I don't think that will work out.

If I/we can figure it out, how would it sit with you to have to moderate, say, the first 3 to 5 posts by any new registered user? Anybody who pays up front to either be a club member or a forum supporter should bypass this.

Edit: This is Jeff, I've taken over the F.F. identity.

I think a short moderation period for newly registered users is workable (without any clue how to implement it)

Back