• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Iowa XJer's

97CountryXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Could I get a roll call for all the Iowa XJ'ers out there? Name, Locale and Rig?
I have seen quite a few XJ's around central Iowa and would like to see who is roaming around here.
Thanks

there's a few red names from Iowa on here and a few more in black

I'm in northern Iowa, but my lilltle bro lives in bon derant by adventure land so I get down there every now and then.

I am in Casey about 35 minutes west of Des Moines. I wheel a 91 MJ Eliminator. Collin knows me quite well. Right along with my 2 other MJs.

comancheon35.jpg

comanche1.jpg

lilcomanche2.jpg

Trust me if there is an MJ for sale somewhere close i will prolly end up buying it.

Ross here in west des moines 88 xj currently with a broken rear end and even if it werent my front axle has issues also im needing a rear end for as little as possible as its my dd

commancheon33, I know Collin, we have been geekin with the XJ's for a little while now, diggin your black/striped one.
Prepmech, I grew up in Davenport (west side), SWEET rig!!!
tazfromiowa, I PMed you, got a 8.25 that might help you out. 88 got a d35 right.
silent_bob_662001, I am over on the far east side, make it out by Bondurant/Altoona quite often.
Thanks for the replies fellas.
Any more people from Iowa out there?

Last edited:
My name is Collin. I live in central Des Moines in the area of town where people look at me like I'm nuts for working on cars...I just laugh at them. My rigs...

1990 XJ...Project "Piosport"
Bling006.jpg

1988 MJ...Project "BFT"
Comanche101507005.jpg

1999 XJ...not a project
TJCanyons001.jpg

1988 MJ...Project "Mighty Mouse"
BrettsZJ006.jpg

That's it for now but there's always a good chance I'll end up with more soon.

Coleman - Des Moines
3.5" lift, 265/75/16 GT Radial Adventuro M/T's on Moab's, hitched front & rear
20070909-CRW_8327.jpg

Also have a 01 WJ and 2 90 XJ's (one is for sale and the other is for parts)

jeepman75 where was you wheeling in that pic?

Carl 97 Black XJ
bout to move to Des Moines

Are any of your Iowa guys going to MIOBI's Thanksgiving weekend run? I am planning on going and was just curious to see if anyone else was going. Collin...how about it??? You know there were those 2 hot chicks last time with your name written all over them!!!???

I would like to check it out sometime. There the one's down towards Centerville right? Gotta get the transfer case chain replaced for the snow fly's. Can't do another winter w/ no 4wd.

yeah, I know the feeling, I ran last winter w/ 4.10's locked in the rear and 3.55's up front w/o a drive shaft. It sucked and I even got stuck in the automatic car wash one time b/c of the ice build up in it last winter!! I was able to get out but it was a bit embarrassing being in a lifted XJ and damn near needing a tug to get out of the wheel chocks ;)

MIOBI's place they run is located about 30 minutes north of Centerville on Hwy 5. It is in the little town of Lovilla, IA.

Back