• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Introduce You and your Jeepspeed / Prerunner

I'm know I'm not really there yet but I will soon I hope. I'm trying to make my truck a well rounded rig, I love crawling and going fast, I also like being able to use it as a expedition vehicle for camping trips so it won't exactly be a pre-runner but I will be able to go fast and have fun because that's what it's all about right?
My curret setup on my 89 MJ 4.0 Ax-15 231 D30/44
Around 6" of lift 4.5" Rustys coils 2" pucks and SOA rear
33/12.5 Bfg a/ts on 15x8 dwindows
Clayton Y-link
Whitebody 12" travel shocks
Chevy SUV bumps and hockey pucks up front, stock bumpstops in the rear
It handles pretty well and for what I have I'm happy with how it performs
Future Plans include D44 front D60 rear, 37" tires
Bilstien 7100 12" shortbodies up front and 5150s in the rear, I'd like to have some progressive bumps front and rear and have a custom leafpack made up
so I don't kill my stock original leafs
Pics!
f877cbf3.jpg

2ffce48c.jpg

hey everyone! not quite a jeepspeed yet but getting there!
IMG_20120414_133625.jpg

plans are to get the poly performance long arm kit, deaver jeepspeed coils, deaver leaf springs and bypass shocks on all 4 corners

hey everyone! not quite a jeepspeed yet but getting there!

plans are to get the poly performance long arm kit, deaver jeepspeed coils, deaver leaf springs and bypass shocks on all 4 corners

start with frame plating/stiffeners if you want your jeep to last.

welcome to the site :wave1:

Does it automatically become a jeepspeed if i put a big block in it and drive like an idiot?

like stall it, roll down a hill, nail a rock, puncture a sidewall, fill your cylinders with gas, pull all the plugs, put an air pocket in your 30 feet of coolant tubing, then get winched into a tree? sure

Just joined this forum. I am a member over on Dezertrangers, and I finally decided to join a forum to learn more about Jeep stuff lol.

The name is Garrett
Santa Clarita, CA

This is currently my second jeep cherokee and I plan on keeping this one for a while.

1995 Jeep Cherokee 4.0L Auto
Rubicon Express 5.5" Extreme Duty short arm with drop brackets
Rubicon Express Mono tube shocks (for now)
Dana 44 rear end
Slip yoke eliminator
Tom Woods driveshaft
T&J frame stiffeners ( still have to get the other 2 frame plates)
33"x10.5"x15" BFG Baja T/A's on KMC Enduro rims
Front fiberglass
Autofab hood pins
Full exhaust from Head pipe back. 2 1/4" to the muffler (high flow cat) (spintech muffler) 2 1/2" out to the tail pipe.

Thats all I can remember for the moment lol

Here are some pics!
IMG_0861.jpg

IMG_0862.jpg

IMG_0863.jpg

Garrett,

Just an update. We've been taking good care of this Jeep. We've mostly only added to all the great work that you had done already. These additional items include:

DEO High Steer, Currie HD Diff Cover, plus 30 spline Super 30 Axle Kit w/ARB, 4:56 - to help make it 4WD again :)

T&J Motor Brackets & HD Motor Mount Kit - both motor mounts were broken, plus one of the bolts holding stock motor bracket sheared.

1998 TJ NP231 w/4:1, and MIT short shaft conversion w/ Novak cable conversion kit
Klune-V, plus two new drive shafts

ARB, 4:56, Disc brake conversion kit, Currie HD Diff Cover to the rear axle

Custom roll cage

We're in the process of adding a custom dash, custom center console, dual batteries under the front seats, welder, GPS, chase radio, CB, Baja II shifter, winch, sliders, 4 Hella 7" pencil beam HID lights, 2 Hella 4" driving HID lights, etc.

It has served us well pre-running over the past couple of years :) I'm surprised those monotube shocks are holding up so well? Here's a photo, just before pre-running Caliente 250 2010:
JeepityJeep.jpg

Last edited:
Well im Andrew. Im 20 yrs old. 88 XJ laredo edition. 4.0l with 189k and running strong. Here is the rig. Bought her off my bro and he got it off my uncle. So here is what was done to it when i bought it.
Supension and Brakes:4.5in lift (most likely its a mix and match), pro craps all around, 1 1/2 blocks in the rear.
Wheels and Tires:31x10.50R15 Mud Terrains, Mickey Thompson 15x8 rims
Motor: 4.0 I6 Renix motor, Rock-It Parts CAI, TB Spacer, Flowmaster Delta 40 2.5 exhaust
Tranny:stock
Diffs: stock
Accessories:Offroad Lights, shitty stereo lol
What ive done to it so far since i bought it 4 months ago:
Suspension and Brakes: Rototec Drilled and slotted rotors up front
Motor: Minor tune up (spark plugs, oil change etc)
Tranny:Stock
Diffs:Stock
Accessories:Sony Xplod stereo hahaha
My job doesnt pay much and im going to college and dont have to many connections that have jeep parts so i havent done to many stuff to her. But here she is in her current state.

I got aloooooooooooooooong way to go
Damn i miss this thing. (some asshole decided to wreck into me and totaled it) i know the pics arent up but i sure do miss it. Now i have 2000 xj thats my new project. its pretty much stock for other than a rusty cold air intake, tb spacer and some rancho 5000 shocks.

Hi, Im nick, I am going to school in NY at Syracuse University and bought my jeep down in Long Island. I am originally from Northridge, CA and will be heading back there in a year and am bringing my jeep with me. Bought it with the lift and cut fenders, was given the bumper from a friend and put on the tires and wheels.

1999 XJ White Jeep 4x4 4.0L
89,000 Miles
K&N Air Filter
Warn Rock Crawler Front Bumper - 86-02 XJ (with brush guard tube)
4.5 inch lift kit from Rustysoffroad.com (I believe/was told)
Mickey Thompson Baja Claw TTC Radial - 33X12.50R15LT

Plans are to build it more into a Baja prerunner, than a crawler.

-Want to sell this bumper, and build a prerunner bumper w/ skid plate and add 2 hella 4000 lights to it.
-Full-traction 6.0" Jeep XJ Long Arm Suspension System
Fiberglass front and rear fenders (ANYONE KNOW WHERE TO GET??)
my-xj-d

If anyone can help me post my pictures please let me know. having some trouble:

/Users/Nick/Desktop/IMG_0949.JPG

Last edited:
Watch out the Minority Racer has a Jeep Speed:)

Hey Ponce!

Met ya out at KOH 2009, sure have come a long way from that Bronco you guys tried to muscle through the LCQ. :D

Nice lookin rig.

We will be heading back in 2013 to race in both the KOH and KOH EMC.

But right now we got a mission with the Maya Rally in the Jeep Speed.
69718_10151123147718565_1145750456_n.jpg

404157_10151123149053565_377883636_n.jpg

Stop by our camp at Genright Ave #137 to try some Scorpion Mezcal:)
scorpionmezcalracingteam.jpg

Hi, it has been quite some years since I last posted on NAXJA.

My name is : Andhi

Hobby : Off-road Racing (Speed Racing)
Races : Racer of Local and National Indonesian Off-road Racing

at the moment I have created Indonesian Auto sport On-Line Media to promote Indonesian Offroad Racing (www.sportku.com)

For collection on Off-road racing at SPORTKU, please click here

Musa Rajeckshah (Ijeck)
ijeck-ketua-imi-sumut-ikuti-kejurnas-speed-offroad-kejuaraan-nasional-speed-offroad-2013-lampung-20130411222824-7828.JPG

-Andhi-
www.sportku.com

Back