• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Intermediate Trail Interest

In for this group, particularly Saturday. That way if and when I break my rig, I can (hopefully) drive it on to the trailer. :explosion

After the list of trails it sounds like I'll more than likely be in this group. Idk, I guess I'll just follow a group of like built rigs when I get there...

FISH FOSSIL FISH FOSSIL FISH FOSSIL!! We didn't get to do it last year.

I really want to see Nick levitate up a hill again (just not for the same reason).

For those wondering about the intermediate trails: Last year it rained a LOT and everything was wet and gooey. It was mine and Carmine's (CABZ) first time at Harlan. My MJ is on 315/75's...so 34-35" tall tires. My 14B rear is welded (Nick...it's getting shaved the weekend of 5-3 and 5-4)and front 10B is open. Carmine's 4 cyl YJ is on 33's with lockers at both ends. We did Lower Rock Garden, Pinball, and part of rail bed and did so with a reasonable amount of proficiency. Having been first timers last year...I can say the experienced guys here are dead on with how they are describing things...and truly...if you don't want to do an obstacle...you don't have to...or Nick or myself or someone will be glad to drive your rig like we stole it and see what happens. See last years pics etc of JERRY on Can Opener.

The only thing I'm upset about is it sounds like so many folks from further away are coming...that we won't win the longest distance traveled! LOL

How "built" do you need to be to do mason jar?

I'd like to see some bigger rigs hit it first to see it run...I've never been to it even. I'm willing to try if conditions are right and it's LATE in the trip.

I won't be taking my group on Mason Jar. We will be doing Lower Rock Garden, Upper Rock Garden, Pinball, Rail Bed, FIsh Fossil, intimidator with sufficient winches, trail 15, go watch Lions Den, possibly some sight seeing to the Stadium and/or goldfish, and depending on how many we get done explore some other less popular trails. Mason Jar I feel could be just a little too much. It's a good possibility to send the upper end of intermediates to Mason Jar with Doug or EOR.

Fish Fossil is a must. I can't promise the Rocket will get its revenge this year as I don't see it making it with my budget but we will hit it either way.

As of now I will probably be looking for a seat in my group or driving the MJ to the trailheads.

Ill lead a saturday mason jar trip for any interested intermediates. Its one if my favorite trails there and im looking forward to hitting it with ugly truck

Ill lead a saturday mason jar trip for any interested intermediates. Its one if my favorite trails there and im looking forward to hitting it with ugly truck

Interested in it if its dry.

mac 'and still running' gyvr

Re: Re: Intermediate Trail Interest

I won't be taking my group on Mason Jar. We will be doing Lower Rock Garden, Upper Rock Garden, Pinball, Rail Bed, FIsh Fossil, intimidator with sufficient winches, trail 15, go watch Lions Den, possibly some sight seeing to the Stadium and/or goldfish, and depending on how many we get done explore some other less popular trails. Mason Jar I feel could be just a little too much. It's a good possibility to send the upper end of intermediates to Mason Jar with Doug or EOR.

Fish Fossil is a must. I can't promise the Rocket will get its revenge this year as I don't see it making it with my budget but we will hit it either way.

As of now I will probably be looking for a seat in my group or driving the MJ to the trailheads.

Are your running these trails on multiple days? Would like to do these plus make it up to mason jar one day as well.

Are your running these trails on multiple days? Would like to do these plus make it up to mason jar one day as well.

I am very open to whatever the group wants to do. LRG-Pinball-Rail Bed-Fish Fossil are all very close together and can make a full day counting lunch and occasional mechanical issues. I'd like I hit that on Thursday while everyone still has a rig to wheel, after that we have the other options I mentioned and we can go back and revisit.

Being lined up early gives your trail request more weight in my group :)

Back