• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

interior smells like dead rodent

R_jeep

NAXJA Forum User
simply over night, the inside of my jeep stinks like something dead is inside hiding from me. pulled the seats out, looked under the hood, all around the drivetrain. it almost smells strongest near the passenger floorboard, near the heater core/ evaporator/ blower motor box. its a 98 sport 2 door. ill probly tear the dash apart today. im really not interested in tearing the dash apart, ive done it before and it ends up turning into a can of worms. any ideas. :hang:

4661608b5e524_26696n.jpg

Set it on fire and collect the insurance money. Buy a new one.:eyes:

useless.

jneary said:
look inside the blower fan housing

x2 ,pull the blower motor and inspect from there, onlt takes a couple minutes, often enough you will find the rat could not keep up to the wheel (blower motor fan)

bcmaxx said:
x2 ,pull the blower motor and inspect from there, onlt takes a couple minutes, often enough you will find the rat could not keep up to the wheel (blower motor fan)

appreciate the advice.

HaleYes said:
What? You don't have insurance on it?

:D

wont burn it till i find a d44 then it will be worth wasting a match on it.

Wallymander said:

the coors light of car freshners. dont mess with texas is an anti-litter campaign. nothing to do being tough at all.:lecture:

Back