• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Interior mods

playwithit what seats are thoughts?

Mastercraft made them for the military. I think they are used in the MRAP. I got them through a seller in Florida that specializes in military surplus. Got a steal but shipping cost were a little steep.

I had the brackets made and used all the stock mounting locations. They are on slides and have allot of travel. Turned out nice for me being 6' 4". Here's a few more pictures of the install.
Decisions
100_2732.jpg

Mounts
100_2747.jpg

All the way back
100_2770.jpg

The XJ they are in
100_2774.jpg

I started off using those just to make the holes, but realized it was just as easy to use e screws that come in the package. You just have to make sure you tighten them straight. Screw the first one in one of the upper corner holes tight so it holds the handle straight, the take your time screwing the others in. I just added one more handle on the other side. They work awesome to hang D-rings off of. I hung some 50ft electric extension cord with an "S"-clip off one of them. I still love it.
Those screws that come with it are solid. I pulled on each of the handles, and they aren't going anywhere.
When I first bought the handles at HD, there was another model with just two holes, but I decided on the 4-hole on because it would be stronger.....kinda how I justified using the screws that come in the bag...

Thanks.

RescueGreenXJ.wordpress.com

Any support in the back? nuts or washers?

I'm pretty sure there's another thread about that mount, or a similar one, but I can't find it yet. Was it Pro.fit?

edit- Found it. Disco'ed now, but there are still a few around. http://www.naxja.org/forum/showpost.php?p=244972263&postcount=4

Not help for you 97-01 guys but this is how I mounted my GPS. I fabb'ed a piece of aluminum into a clamp type mount. I used one factory screw to secure in place. WSolid and works like a charm. Pictures should help understand.
IMG_6747.jpg

IMG_6749.jpg

The bracket goes over the top of the dash (not shown).

Interior storage mods? How's this.
100_5648.jpg

100_2562.jpg

Mastercraft made them for the military. I think they are used in the MRAP. I got them through a seller in Florida that specializes in military surplus. Got a steal but shipping cost were a little steep.

I had the brackets made and used all the stock mounting locations. They are on slides and have allot of travel. Turned out nice for me being 6' 4". Here's a few more pictures of the install.
Decisions
100_2732.jpg

Mounts
100_2747.jpg

All the way back
100_2770.jpg

The XJ they are in
100_2774.jpg

Can you share the vendor?

RescueGreenXJ.wordpress.com

BrackeTron makes that bracket, in fact they are on clearance right now I just bought 3 at $1.99 a piece and they work great hope this helps

I went on the website...sure enough they have them on clearance marked down from $39.99 to $1.00....however you're required to input your type vehicle and Jeep is the only make that says it's an additional $18.00. Poop.

I went on the website...sure enough they have them on clearance marked down from $39.99 to $1.00....however you're required to input your type vehicle and Jeep is the only make that says it's an additional $18.00. Poop.

Yeah...and cherokee is not an option for the model of jeep on their site.

My goal is to keep my XJ looking OEM+...

Factory Dodge Ram RBK stereo - got me a disc player plus a changer port for my ipod
2122166654_1edbdce124_b.jpg

Infinity Aftermarket Speaker upgrade
2794204724_a233f6cd3c_b.jpg

Rear Headrests using spare front seat headrests
2729458451_29a254d3e8_o.jpg

Infinity OEM tweeters - from XJ Limited
6698008829_3a891689f1_o.jpg

OEM Driver's side grab handle
6698026579_b230b34c66_o.jpg

Hi-Lift Jack - Mount tied to rear seatbelt anchors (now painted to match interior). This is a smaller Hi-Lift cut to fit space. Running 2" lift with 30's.
1847236026_eec6982bd4_o.jpg

Wimpy fire extinquisher - needs replacing
1867412890_20a428c1ec_o.jpg

I got my fire extinguisher mounted today and was wondering. I want to get my stream light base mounted. It's has a 12v adapter and I was wanting to cut the plug off and jist splice into the cigarette kighter that is on the ignition so when the jeep is running it would charge the light and spare battery. But my ? Is if I would plug something else into that cigarette lighter while my light was plugged in would it be drawing too much and blow a fuse. Or would it be like plugging one of those splitters in.

Here is the base
IMAG0113.jpg

you need to find out how many amps it draws, or just try it and find out. If you do it right all that will happen is you'll blow a fuse if you draw to much current, then you'll know :looney:

Back